Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they're kind of a dull black color.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't know, to me they seem like a lighter black than other black leathers i've seen

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Nice selection of pics! I noticed on one of the pics what looks like a small light near the ignition; Does the Mazda3 have a ignition key hole light, so it is easier to find the ignition at night?

I see your GTI in one of the pics; which things about each car do you like more compared with the other. My friend also has a silver GTI, and likes it ( big VW fan), but has had problems such as the imfamous ignition coil failure, his radio had to be replaced, his driver's window fell into the door, and also various rattles. Have you had these problems?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lmp180psu said:
Nice selection of pics! I noticed on one of the pics what looks like a small light near the ignition; Does the Mazda3 have a ignition key hole light, so it is easier to find the ignition at night?

I see your GTI in one of the pics; which things about each car do you like more compared with the other. My friend also has a silver GTI, and likes it ( big VW fan), but has had problems such as the imfamous ignition coil failure, his radio had to be replaced, his driver's window fell into the door, and also various rattles. Have you had these problems?
Hey, you listed every single problem I've had, except for the radio. Other problems include the air conditioner leaking into my car and soaking my floors, my center console breaking, and my headlighs and rearlights busting when it was brand new. Three years later, I just have the problem of rattles in my dash and and doors. I'm still glad I bought it (I like having a nice car that most people don't buy), but never again will I buy a VW. Very, very, very bad build quality. If most of their product line is unreliable (jettas, bugs, golfs, R32s), who'd be stupid enough to buy an $80,000 car from them?

BTW, what light are you talking about? Maybe it looks lit cause the dome light is on.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know what light you're talking about now. It lights up red when you first enter the car until you start the ignition. Not that useful if you keep the dome light on automatic, because the dome light provides enough light and it stays lit for a few seconds after you close the door.

·
Registered
31 Posts
gtibri said:
I know what light you're talking about now. It lights up red when you first enter the car until you start the ignition. Not that useful if you keep the dome light on automatic, because the dome light provides enough light and it stays lit for a few seconds after you close the door.
Believe it or not, my Mazda 323 DX [1986 hatchback] also has the keylight ignition light and driver's side keyslot light. The DX was the middle of the line [the non-DX was standard, and the LX had even more features than the DX]. I think Mazda has done the ignition light and keyhole light on most of their cars for years now.

/vjl/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts