Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Recently got back from it as well. I'll post a link once I get em uploaded.

I think the best thing there was the cut apart Taurus that you could sit in and it would open and close around you..that was amazing. Ford definately had the most buzz around their cars out of the Big3 and honda/toyota. I got a Fusion T-shirt that they were tossing out. Wish I could've sat in a Fusion though..

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=TheUkrainian link=topic=133994.msg2881546#msg2881546 date=1232591598]

I think the best thing there was the cut apart Taurus that you could sit in and it would open and close around you..that was amazing. Ford definately had the most buzz around their cars out of the Big3 and honda/toyota. I got a Fusion T-shirt that they were tossing out. Wish I could've sat in a Fusion though..
[/quote]

Ford had the best display at the show. Chrysler and Chevy looked like they just tossed cars around the floor.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=133994.msg2882207#msg2882207 date=1232621056]
[quote author=TheUkrainian link=topic=133994.msg2881546#msg2881546 date=1232591598]

[/quote]

Ford had the best display at the show. Chrysler and Chevy looked like they just tossed cars around the floor.
[/quote]

Oh definitely. walking around the Chevy/GMC and Chrysler exhibits felt like walking around a dealer showroom. I think Jeep had like 5 Wrangler 4drs sitting there and they had the "awards" all over the windshield. While the speaker for Ford was talking about the Fusion, the Chrysler person was talking about the Town and Country....they had no crowd haha. The basement track was cool looking. Didn't get a chance to drive one though, the lines were huge and my friend said she couldn't breathe from the smell of the landscaping lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
From what I heard, GM and Chrysler purposely had very plain displays to show respect to the ppl who are keeping them alive (taxpayers). They wanted to show their new attitude of cutting spendings.

btw, that new fusion ...... **where's the drool smiley when we need it !!**

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
[quote author=mmm23_SEL link=topic=133994.msg2883611#msg2883611 date=1232664109]
From what I heard, GM and Chrysler purposely had very plain displays to show respect to the ppl who are keeping them alive (taxpayers). They wanted to show their new attitude of cutting spendings.

btw, that new fusion ...... **where's the drool smiley when we need it !!**
[/quote]

The plain show thing is understandable, but having 4 Town and Country's and 5 Jeep Wranglers was kinda stupid.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=TheUkrainian link=topic=133994.msg2882474#msg2882474 date=1232638862]
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=133994.msg2882207#msg2882207 date=1232621056]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh definitely. walking around the Chevy/GMC and Chrysler exhibits felt like walking around a dealer showroom. I think Jeep had like 5 Wrangler 4drs sitting there and they had the "awards" all over the windshield. While the speaker for Ford was talking about the Fusion, the Chrysler person was talking about the Town and Country....they had no crowd haha. The basement track was cool looking. Didn't get a chance to drive one though, the lines were huge and my friend said she couldn't breathe from the smell of the landscaping lol.
[/quote]

Did you happen to sit in the new Chinese cars? Geeze they smelled funny. My friend said it was lead paint.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
No, I didn't even bother checking them out. My friend and I were walking by them and she was like "what the hell is that? I've never heard of them before" I said that they're Chinese and and she was like "moving on". Mind you, she knows nothing about cars other than she really likes Audi's and Jags. :lol: She made it clear before the show that she wanted to have her picture taken in a Tahoe b/c of some Emminem song hah.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics! I loved that little V-dub convert. I also loved the black OG air-cooled bug, pic appreciated.

<-------- air-cooled v-dub freak. :dunno:

<------- still thinks the back of the new Fusion looks like dookey. :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=Lord Helmet link=topic=133994.msg2886237#msg2886237 date=1232748986]
Thanks for sharing the pics! I loved that little V-dub convert. I also loved the black OG air-cooled bug, pic appreciated.

<-------- air-cooled v-dub freak. :dunno:

[/quote]

Max was talking. It was great.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Hopefully the link works. I have more that are on my friends camera which I'll add once I get them from her.
I really liked the Custom Flex. Lowered, custom front end, shaved door handles..it was amazing. I wanted to get more pictures of it, but my friend forced me to leave it so I could take her picture next to the sideways mustang haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.