Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, as the title says, I just picked up an '07 MS3 yesterday. I traded in my 04 Mercedes C230K Sedan that just wasn't doing it for me anymore. The Mazda has less than 8k miles, the 2.3l with manual trans and I got it for a great price. The fit and finish isn't what the Mercedes was but I didn't really expect that. I autocrossed every chance I got last season in the Merc and I may end up doing the same thing in the Mazda (maybe some track days here and there, also). I don't have any pics yet but I should have some this weekend. I just wanted a daily driver that was a bit more fun. I did some testing with my G-tech RR last night and ran a [email protected] on the stock RE050A's (these tires suck) and it was too cool to get any kind of traction. I ran Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs last season and I would like to go R-Compounds if I decide to autocross this car. I just haven't decided as I'm also building a 73 Maverick with a Turbo 408 Cleveland. It might end up being a little bit quicker than the Mazda :quiet: It's getting an entirely new suspension, steering, and braking system in about two weeks when the parts come in. I'll post some pics of the Mazda as soon as I get some and, if anyone is interested, of the Maverick.

-Clint

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics please. :)

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase. I recommend checking out the "why you should buy a third key" thread stickied up top, and think about upgrading the whimpy stock horn.

Any plans for the 3?
The first thing that I am going to do, and you mentioned it, is upgrading that horn. Who designed that!?! I am familiar with the key programming issue but its cool that you can reprogram them yourself if you have two already. Every key for the Mercedes was about $250 each no matter what (you can't program them yourself).

No other plans right now, I have a set of 18's that I'm going to check fitment on today. The Maverick is my priority and it has a ways to go. I enjoy running in SCCA's stock class as there is always more competition there. That limits me quite a bit for mods but I may just grab some R-Compounds and throw them on the stock wheels.

It's raining right now and is supposed to continue all weekend so I'll get pics whenever it stops.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
congrats on the ride !!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a few pics today (we finally had nice weather!!), thought I would share.

Not my Audi:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Maverick:

It doesn't have the front valance so it looks kinda funny. This was about a year ago when I first got it. It's getting a one piece fiberglass front clip so I wasn't too worried about the missing panel :mrgreen:

It had a 302 in it (slightly reworked):

That engine is gone and now it's getting this:

+

It's only slightly bigger than the turbo on my MS3 (that's a 14" ruler :wink:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts