Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahh after nearly 5 years of keeping an eye on the 3 since it debuted, I finally have one sitting in my garage. Metro Grey is really a beautiful color in person. I think the only problem now is what color wheels go well with metro grey lol.

I had originally asked the dealership to hold the last metro gray touring with moonroof/6cd for me, but it got sold the day before I was scheduled to go in ;( Ended up going with the touring without the moonroof. As I was driving out of the auto mall area and into residential, I noticed a brand new metro grey hatch sitting in the driveway of somebody's place with the dealer's plate still on...not sure if it was the one originally reserved for me, but all I could think of anyway was "hey what's he doing with my car :("

Oh well still enjoying the car. The pedals are way sensitive for me coming away from driving a 98 geo prizm. Had gotten very comfortable with the play in the pedal in that car, and the 3 in comparison is an exercise in restraint. It's definitely hard to stay under the speed limit lol.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
:peace:

i'm sure you will find a lot of enjoyment from your mz3.
i know i have from my ms3!

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
:goodjob: congrats! i hope it was worth the wait.
i was gonna say welcome to the forums but i noticed you joined in 2004! :p

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea go metro grey!

do you have wheels other than the ms3 ones on your car? What colors go well with metro grey? lol.

For starters I think I'm just gonna go with a tint, maybe some lamin-x on the fogs and headlights, and perhaps throw on a hid kit. Was thinking blue lamin-x for headlights and fogs, but after reading what some people said about yellow being a better color for practicality for the fogs, might go with blue headlights and yellow fogs. Thoughts and opinions?

Also want to get some led tails someday, and eventually lowered with some wheels...
Those are gonna be a ways off though methinks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
:wavey: i have a metro grey too. i dont have rims yet but im looking into maybe a bronze or gunmetal color.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Though I have an automatic, with my limited experience in a manual Forester I think I can appreciate now the control a manual has over an automatic for a car of this kind. I sort of wish I had gotten a manual, but somehow it ended up not being my decision to make -_-
Oh well...maybe in another 9 or 10 years when it's time to get another new car lol

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Congratulations. Metro Grey is a beautiful color. Gray/Gunmetal/Hyper Silver/Hyper Black wheels all look fantastic on it. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
[quote author=MazdAxela link=topic=137018.msg2962002#msg2962002 date=1235617033]
yea go metro grey!

do you have wheels other than the ms3 ones on your car? What colors go well with metro grey? lol.

For starters I think I'm just gonna go with a tint, maybe some lamin-x on the fogs and headlights, and perhaps throw on a hid kit. Was thinking blue lamin-x for headlights and fogs, but after reading what some people said about yellow being a better color for practicality for the fogs, might go with blue headlights and yellow fogs. Thoughts and opinions?

Also want to get some led tails someday, and eventually lowered with some wheels...
Those are gonna be a ways off though methinks.
[/quote]

I didnt change my rims yet, but im looking at bronze rims or gunmetal for the color to match our metrogray. I was checking on the Wedsports and Works Emotions.

I used HID 5000K on my headlights, I would not go more than 6K if I were you. It sucks alot on asphalt roads, you wont see a shit at night if you exceed higher than 6000k color. Thats from my experience. As for my fogs, Im just planning to swap the bulbs with yellow ones in the future. But thats not in my priority to do list yet. I'm waiting for my rear sway bars from Cobb for now and would be installing my test pipe soon sometime next month.

As for the LED tail lights, are you talking bout the one for the GT versions? They do alot of group buys here, its around 380ish a set i think. its too much for me to spend since i only got the MS3 Sports. That I would skip forever. Bec those shit wont make my car faster lol.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Wow you stayed loyal and faithful to the 3! Kudos! Haha guess no other car has attracted you for the past 5 years you waited.

Congratz! You'll love it!

dL

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everybody for the replies! :) Yea no other car really has caught my eye the way the mazda3 has. Guess that just goes to show how well it's held up over the years (in my eyes anyway).

Was thinking the same about the wheels, bronze, gunmetal, or hyper black. My friend used to have work emotions on his evo and they kinda grew on me. Also been lookin at rota torques in bronze of hyperblack.

For the HIDs, are there any specific brands to stay away from (poor quality parts, etc)? Was lookin at dabears' site the other day and saw he had a couple to choose from. Is the exPower "made in japan" one better than DDM? And what's the difference between the 35w and 50/55w ones? Would HIDs leave any burn marks or anything on any lamin-x stuff I would put over the light casing? I guess I should probably ask/look this all up in the mods section instead lol

and yea for the led tails I meant the oem lights that the GT versions have. Pretty expensive though from what you're sayin for a little change...might as well pour some money into the HID and wheels first I guess lol.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
metro gray FTW! nice choice. i was skeptical at first about mine but then i saw it in the sun and i was sold. i'm doing black wheels and red calipers on mine and it seems to work out nice. i'm gonna get some black wheels of some kind when i have the money, until then i'm gonna paint my stockers black.

as for HIDs i have the 6000K 35w kit from dabears. 55w is just way brighter than 35w, there's really no need for 55w unless you live out in the country TBH. and they shouldn't melt lamin-x as long as you don't leave them running without driving for a long time...the wind from driving will keep them cool enough.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey i've got a question. I didn't notice anything when I picked the car up (might have glossed over it), but I just found a tiny dent in the body right behind the fuel door :( Is there something the dealership can do about this? It's been a week since I picked it up and I've put 100 some miles on it.

I don't think it was caused by any sort of impact after I picked it up, because there is no scratch or otherwise anything else to indicate that it was caused by a flying rock or something. Did somebody punch my car or what? I dunno...but the paint looks smooth and shiny right with the rest of the body.

It's rather small and fairly unnoticeable on quick glance, but it's been bothering me since I noticed it. Is there something the dealership can do about it?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
[quote author=MazdAxela link=topic=137018.msg2969065#msg2969065 date=1235941026]It's rather small and fairly unnoticeable on quick glance, but it's been bothering me since I noticed it. Is there something the dealership can do about it?
[/quote]

The dealership themselves may not be able to take care of it, but any reputable body shop should be able to pull the dent by using PDR (paintless dent removal) for about $100, depending on how easy it is to access the backside of that body panel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.