Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i might consider getting a pair of these bulbs.. before i buy them, are they DOT complaint?? good or bad quality?

wattage- 55w producing 100w

if not, im trying to find a good H7 bulb, need some input

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yah, those are very bad bulbs. Just start saving up to get an HID kit. That's the only thing that's worth it, if you wanna improve your lighting.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would not get them just because the temperature rating is wrong. The hotest HIDs you can get right now are 6000K, I think, and those are made by a reputable company, Philips.

Read this and gain the knowledge: http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/hl-hid-bulbs.htm

·
Registered
327 Posts
Those are not even true HID bulbs the 7500K from PIAA, they are just Halogen bulbs with a tinted envelope, which will further hinder your vision.

·
Registered
327 Posts
BTW mnemonicj, that was a mighty good post on the faq u put up. When I come back to KY or OH, I will visit Indianapolis, maybe I'll see ur 3 there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
VraiDiouf said:
BTW mnemonicj, that was a mighty good post on the faq u put up. When I come back to KY or OH, I will visit Indianapolis, maybe I'll see ur 3 there.
Get in contact with me through e-mail and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Think physics...there is no way 55w=100w unless it is indeed 100w. If PIAA has managed to increase power output with 1/2 the power input then this is revolutionary for the planets energy needs.

Anything over 5,800k will reduce vision in HID systems. The Philips Ultinon is indeed 5,800k but marketed as '6,000k cool power xenon.'

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yup, a_kaup is completely correct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts