Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before:

After:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah, I'm not feeling the black wheels. Actually, my feeling is that if you've already got the 17" wheels, keep them. Unless you're switching for the 18" RX-8 wheels as mentioned in another post, the 17" wheels that come stock look really nice on the car.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
They are $270 each and the tires are $220 each. I bought them from a local tire store (Extreme Wheel & Tire), for purchases like this I would never think of buying them online. Call me crazy, but I want these installed (with Yokohama ES 100 tires) on Saturday, it's supposed to go to +4C.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The black wheels look like something someone forgot to finish.

I'd prefer a powder white over the black/charcol...

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
bluntman said:
They are $270 each and the tires are $220 each. I bought them from a local tire store (Extreme Wheel & Tire), for purchases like this I would never think of buying them online. Call me crazy, but I want these installed (with Yokohama ES 100 tires) on Saturday, it's supposed to go to +4C.
Hope you don't get any more snow in Toronto because with ES 100 tires you'll have to take the bus.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Extreme Wheel and Tire, a local store north of Toronto.

If you get Speed TV they have a program called "Tuner Transformation" on Tuesdays @ 7pm. On the last program I saw they modded an 04 RX-8 (added NOS, rims, tires, brake upgrades and added some vinyl stickers), the shop where that episode was shot is the same tire store that frequent, Wheel and Tire Zone. Heck, even the owner's mug is on the Tuner Tranformation website.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
bluntman said:
Extreme Wheel and Tire, a local store north of Toronto.

If you get Speed TV they have a program called "Tuner Transformation" on Tuesdays @ 7pm. On the last program I saw they modded an 04 RX-8 (added NOS, rims, tires, brake upgrades and added some vinyl stickers), the shop where that episode was shot is the same tire store that frequent, Wheel and Tire Zone. Heck, even the owner's mug is on the Tuner Tranformation website.
I imagine they don't have a website?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Okay, so I have to take a step back. I drove by a Solar Yellow one today, and it had almost identical rims on it (but dark regardless). While it wasn't the first thing to catch my eye, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

However, I personally wouldn't do that to my car. I would do the person that was in the other car though - she was a hottie!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts