Mazda3 Forums banner

601 - 608 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
I'm still ALIVE!!!

No mods, the car's been soldiering on. I ended up replacing a strut mount again, looked like a flat out crappy part.

Also replaced one of the Mevotech front control arms that had ball joint play RIGHT after the mileage warranty. Uncool.

Otherwise, I've got a wheel bearing somewhere that needs some attention as soon as I figure out which one is making all the racket. 140+ thousand miles, still making great gas mileage, just racking up the miles.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
Yay Phil's back! What've you been up to man?
Frequenting brothels I suspect
Just work and life. Got into reloading ammo and that's been taking a lot of studying and learning. As of last night I've got 600 rounds of 45ACP loaded, and probably next month will be getting all my stuff together to reload 308 Winchester as well.

Also took a position with a veteran's assistance and support organization, and that's kept me jumping.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
Good on you man. Keep busy
Busy should be my middle name.

Only car related thing on my radar is attempting to build a 6th order bandpass box in my hatch to replace the tool tray, spare tire, and false floor entirely. Goal is to get as flat a response as possible from 25 hz up to 55 hz before it rolls off. May push that to 60 hz, but honestly I low pass the bass so low in my car (want my mid ranges to pick up 80 and above) I don't need much above 55 hz. Computer modeling seams to indicate that my proposed project should match my peak output, but flatten the peak out from a 10hz peak to nearly 30 hz.

If it works out, the next sub enclosure should be able to jiggle eyeballs on just about any song I shove into it. But, 6th order bandpass boxes are Hell to design.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
Check in:
196,000 miles and change
Replaced shocks and struts again, Konis do not like New Orleans roads.

Replaced both rear wheel bearings.

Did all four brakes. Have to tear down right rear due to brakes dragging.

Car is still soldiering on, even though I only pop in here once in a blue moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
Last post, this old girl is being retired. 238,000 miles and some change, countless road trips, it just doesn’t fit my family anymore. We need a truck for hauling and family camping trips, and the 2007 Mazda is being replaced with this 2015 Tacoma.

That said, I looked really, REALLY hard at a newer 3 and a couple Speed 3’s, but in the end they don’t do what I need them to. Best of luck to everyone if anyone still hangs out around here.

Attachments

601 - 608 of 608 Posts