Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know AutoEXE make a fair few bits and pieces for the DY and now the DE and i will be importing the carbon intake they sell through my business (Race Supples Sydney), the MazdaSpeed titanium exhaust section is also being ordered. I'll be making my own custom mid section between the exhaust manifold and MazdaSpeed rear section. But what else is out there? Auto Design Motorsport in Singapore have been doing a bit of work on a few cars it seems.

Does anyone know of any intake manifolds or exhaust manifolds? Cams? Cam gears? Plug in ECU's?

Anything really! I have DBA slotted rotors, AutoEXE 0~550 degree Sport pads, Cusco Compact-S suspension, Whiteline rear Sway bar, Enkei RPF1 17x7 wheels with Bridgestone RE55S semi slick tyres, i have removed the rear seat, extendable blind, plastic covers and trims in the boot. Speaks and door trims In the near future, rear seat belts will be removed, a Recaro race seat will be fitted to save a good 10kg.

At present it weighes 1035kg with almost a full tank of fuel but track ready, it will weigh under 1000kg. Still plenty more weight to remove 8)

So what else is out there for me to buy? :lol:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
what year do you have? Did you see that mazda helped out with weight reduction on the new ones?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own a 2006 model.

Yes, i have seen that. It'd be roughly 1000kg (mine was 1086kg before i started). At the moment, i'll continue playing with the one i have, unless a 2.0L or MPS comes out. I would rather modify an FD RX-7, but this car serves as my daily driver and allows me to not spend $100 a week on fuel! Basically, it's cheap and is pretty much a van so i can fit a set of wheels, coil over suspension, fairly bulky parts when i deliver them for my business. The situation may change a bit as i may be buying a dedicated work van, and then i could also have a track car in the garage 8)

As i say though, for the time being i'm having fun hassling my friends who run modified NB MX5's. My main limiting factor is power at the moment, i just can't keep up down the straights which is why i'm taking everything i can out of it and extracting what i can. I know there are turbo kits around but have no idea who makes them or how much power they make.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts