Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting the HTC Touch from Sprint (30bucks a month for unlimited data/texts, 500minutes)

I'm getting it because I like Windows Mobile 6 and I need something that will allow me to be in constant email/web contact. Also, I need a phone that will help me manage multiple tasks. From what I've read, HTC Touch does all of the above very well.

Now, Sprint also has the Samsung Instinct and I know it's got its own OS. My question is, how is their functionality (particularly time/tasks management) compared to HTC Touch? I'm throwing Samsung Instinct in because it's cheaper than HTC Touch. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was looking at the HTC Touch, but had decided to wait for the iPhone 3G. Then my phone died and I had to get a new one. Went with a Blackberry Curve and could not be happier. The form factor is just about perfect. It doesn't have the large screen or multitouch interface of the iPhone, but having a real keyboard is HUGE for e-mails.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sort of limited to Sprint... I can't say no to $30/month. That's why I'm considering the HTC Touch. I messed with it a day or two before and it was great. I loved it. That cube thingy was great, and I love WM6 and its task managing/organizing capability. Like what many reviews said, I didnt have to use the stylus to navigate the phone. That says a lot about its touchscreen ability. Not to mention it's loaded with Microsoft Office applications. Sprint's Touch is 3g so that's good.

I thought about Samsung Instinct as well. After messing with it, I decided to not get it. It's a "cool" phone. But the web sucked, task management/organization sucked. It's just a "cool" phone.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
I know someone that has an HTC Touch. It's no iPhone, but it's not bad. Depending on what you want to do though, I'd look at a Blackberry if you have to stay with Sprint (as opposed to ATT/iPhone).

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
[quote author=TheSpuddy link=topic=116047.msg2428022#msg2428022 date=1214780441]
I have the AT&T 8525 (The Tilt is the newer version of my phone). And I love it. So I would say the Tilt is probably worth looking at.
[/quote]

[quote author=Say Chi Sin Lo link=topic=116047.msg2428058#msg2428058 date=1214781994]
I'm sort of limited to Sprint... I can't say no to $30/month. That's why I'm considering the HTC Touch. I messed with it a day or two before and it was great. I loved it. That cube thingy was great, and I love WM6 and its task managing/organizing capability. Like what many reviews said, I didnt have to use the stylus to navigate the phone. That says a lot about its touchscreen ability. Not to mention it's loaded with Microsoft Office applications. Sprint's Touch is 3g so that's good.

I thought about Samsung Instinct as well. After messing with it, I decided to not get it. It's a "cool" phone. But the web sucked, task management/organization sucked. It's just a "cool" phone.
[/quote]

Since I recommended the Tilt, but you need Sprint...The Mogul is the same at the Tilt. So I would say the Mogul. And while the phone comes with a stylus, your finger still works for it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
i might trade my curve 8320 for a sidekick slide + $100 on his side..

i droped my phone face down and now lcd kinda dmg with pink leak...

i could maybe get another LCD for $49 and replace it myself... but iono

·
Registered
544 Posts
[quote author=LReyes66 link=topic=116047.msg2430449#msg2430449 date=1214866010]
i might trade my curve 8320 for a sidekick slide + $100 on his side..

i droped my phone face down and now lcd kinda dmg with pink leak...

i could maybe get another LCD for $49 and replace it myself... but iono
[/quote]

Oh the humanity!!!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I'm thinking of switching to Helio with the Ocean.

For $65 a month you get Unlimited everything and 500 daytime minutes. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went with the HTC Touch. The touch function was good enough, I've played with the Iphone before and I would say the touch function was comparable. However, Iphone sucked as a phone.

HTC Touch works well for me because Windows Mobile 6 is really good at managing/organizing tasks, not to mention it's loaded with Microsoft Office. TouchFLO function is a plus.

I didnt like Blackberry because I thought the OS was not as good as WM6. Also, I dont like phones with a bunch of buttons, so the HTC Touch works for me. Thanks for the input guys!

Though we should keep this thread going for other phone-related discussions

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
wish tmobile the touch

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No offense, but I used to use Tmobile... here's how i feel about them.

They can give any free phone and I still won't use their service.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Lol I got no choice... My rents pay the bills

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recently signed up with sprint's 30 buck sero plan this past month with the Palm Centro.

For the price, i dont think any other plan can beat it. I was paying 50 bucks for my AT&T plan w/o a data :x

One problem that I have with the palm is that the keypad is so dang small, my fingers are kinda big and i tend to smash the keyboard. The touch screen is amazing. The main reason I chose the Centro was due to its smaller size, since i put everything in my pockets.

Pros -
google maps (with live traffic conditions!)... sure its not GPS but its just as good
smaller size
touch screen
amazing reception
fast downloads/browsing

Cons -
Small QWERTY keypad
short battery life

Overall -
For $30 a month for unlimited data/text messages with 500 anytime minutes with free nights and weekends that start at 7pm combined with a $100 pda phone (250 in rebates and discounts) i doubt you can find a better deal anywhere else.

-David

1 - 20 of 29 Posts