Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about all the Headlight issues, which I find a little discouraging, but most seem to be with the after market kits. I have a 2004 Mazda 3 that I bought with 20-25K miles and have put on less than 10K miles myself. Tonight is the 4th time my passenger side low beam went out. The previous 3 times I had to put in a new bulb and have had the ballast replaced twice. I have less than 100 miles on it since the last ballast was put in. The fuse was bad and when I put in another it also snapped. That tells me there is a short somewhere and based on what I read here, it may be that the wiring is not sealed up correctly? It should be noted that the car had some front end body damage (repaired), leading me to think the wiring may have never been sealed up correctly. How DO you seal it up correctly? Are they really that picky that washing it, or driving in rain or snow would cause it to short out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I let the car sit a day, put in a new fuse, let it run for awhile, and turned on the headlights. No passenger side low beam. I can hear the fuse snap. I guess it goes back to the shop. So far I've got $1500 into this problem. Can you bypass the HID and just put in Halogen? I'm serious.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
If your car has factory HID, I don't think it's possible to downgrade to halogens. If you have aftermarket HID (which reading from your posts it sounds like you do) then yes, you could easily remove the HIDs and the ballasts and put in standard halogen bulbs, granted as long as the person that installed your HIDs didn't cut off the factory low-beam headlight connector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.