Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody else having problems with this guy/products? I purchased the eyelids through the GB. Both pieces have dust in the paint and he's unwilling to replace them. When you get the lids you also find out that you have to buy additional tape because what they supply won't hold the lids on if you plan on driving the car. Definately not impressed with this place/person at this point.

·
Registered
765 Posts
i encountered the same scenario as well (allthough, it's a different item). I asked if they can send me a replacement part so I can replace the problem one and I'll ship it back to them but Mike told me to ship it back to them and they will fix it and ship it back to me. i decided to just forget it.

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
You never had to buy adhesive or screws or anything to mount a product you bought before? Bitching about less than 1/4 of a roll of 3m tape is ridiculous. The paint issue, on the other hand, should be taken care of.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
did they ever fix the issues with just the fitment in general?...ever pair i have ever seen doesnt line up with the headlight at the ends at all...the ones I had I tried fixing but ended up cracking them so I tossed em out

I guess the ole saying that you get what you pay for applies here maybe?

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
[quote author=ito link=topic=140045.msg3018809#msg3018809 date=1238085669]
Mine fit just fine. No issues here.
[/quote]

+ 1 Mine were perfect.

You have to heat them up from the backside with a hair dryer or a heat gun on low heat and then make sure you put plenty of tape on the backs, then you line them up, press them on firm and then tape them down for a few hours.

If you think you can just peel the tape, stick em down and walk away, well that's just poor prep work.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
haha ok...i guess my definition of perfect fit doesnt include heat guns and hours of holding the tape down to make sure it holds in place

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
I did not have to hold mine down for hours... I did heat them up and press them down to the headlight though.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
[quote author=ito link=topic=140045.msg3018845#msg3018845 date=1238086795]
I did not have to hold mine down for hours... I did heat them up and press them down to the headlight though.
[/quote]

I taped them down overnight, just to be sure, so was not a big deal.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=ito link=topic=140045.msg3018794#msg3018794 date=1238085294]
You never had to buy adhesive or screws or anything to mount a product you bought before? [/quote]

Not when there is no mention of it in the main post. There is no reason somebody should have to read 4 pages of posts to find out what they're buying and/or not getting. A roll costs 10.00, effectively raising the price above his competition that uses the correct tape when they ship.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
10.00!? What.. it costed me 3.79.... lol

Sorry to hear about the paint.. but I had no issues... and yes mine were perfect fit.. no heatgun or holding it down for hours...

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
$10. You are exaggerating a lot. I paid $3.15, and only used a quarter of a roll. You may choose to state facts before looking like someone not posting the truth.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=ito link=topic=140045.msg3019605#msg3019605 date=1238106960]
$10. You are exaggerating a lot. I paid $3.15, and only used a quarter of a roll. You may choose to state facts before looking like someone not posting the truth.
[/quote]

Guess you're wrong. See above. What does it matter if I use a quarter roll? Do they refund you the difference? You folks must be buying from crappy vendors if you're used to having to buy additional stuff.

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
I'm sorry you got ripped off for your tape.... Shop around next time.

Like Tek said earlier... it had been said many times that the tape on the eyelids is just for show cars and fitting. I knew I would need the tape before I got mine.

As for the paint issue... I would like to see it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
My eyelids were no problem to me...I didnt mind using extra double sided tape...better to have it stay on then fall off.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=ito link=topic=140045.msg3019663#msg3019663 date=1238108646]
I'm sorry you got ripped off for your tape.... Shop around next time.

Like Tek said earlier... it had been said many times that the tape on the eyelids is just for show cars and fitting. I knew I would need the tape before I got mine.

As for the paint issue... I would like to see it.
[/quote]

Shop around? So I should have to waste additional time to make something right? I make 50-75/hour, you gonna pay me? It had been said in the thread, not in the original post. You're saying that somebody should have to read an entire thread to find out information? I really don't care if you don't believe that I have dust in the paint, I've got nothing to prove to you.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=X sPeEd 3 X link=topic=140045.msg3019693#msg3019693 date=1238109805]
My eyelids were no problem to me...I didnt mind using extra double sided tape...better to have it stay on then fall off.
[/quote]

Funny that when you buy from other vendors you don't have to worry about it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.