Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! A few weeks ago while I was driving, I felt/heard something fall next to my feet. I have no idea what it is, what it does, or where it goes; it is still attached to the car but seems like it should be plugged into something underneath my steering wheel. No error messages from my car & everything seems to be working fine when driving. Haven’t been able to find answers on this anywhere, & just took the car in for service super recently so really don’t want to bring it in again yet if this is something I can easily fix myself. Does anyone know what this part is & where I need to plug it back in? Thank you!
Wood Gesture Flash photography Interior design Grey

Automotive tire Tread Automotive design Grey Automotive exterior

Hood Leg Vehicle Automotive lighting Gesture

Hand Hood Automotive design Vehicle Gesture

Hand Hood Automotive lighting Gesture Automotive design

· Registered
70 Posts
It’s a probably a gps tracker or something like that. The car must have been part of a fleet. But it’s nothing that’s a problem so if you don’t want to go digging into where the box is to remove it then just tuck the connector back in behind something so it doesn’t fall out again.

· Registered
388 Posts
I can't exactly make out which pins it looks like all of them but on the cell phone its hard to see clearly? are being used but it looks like a OBDII connector power adapter. Or a simple OBDII power outlet splitter. I would say it powered an aftermarket device and seems you did not mention anything NOT working in your Mazda you can either discard it by stuffing it securely under the dash or follow the wire cable where they end up . Which I am sure will be a plug adapter, capped or taped off wires at the other end?

I use a one in and 2 out (cable y-adapter) OBDII adapter myself with a power on/off switch on bot leads for accessories and also to keep my OEM OBDII port clean and wear free for plugging in and out of devises.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts