Mazda3 Forums banner

painted emblem question

968 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  classicaddict 
#1 ·
I'm currently in the process of painting my emblems... I have them soaking in bleach right now and it seems to work great but after a while the bleach goes all black and it seems to stop working...
Should I switch out the bleach regularly or will it still work if it sits in the same old bleach... It seems to me that it stops working after it goes black and has been there for 8 hours or so.

#4 ·
yo ace dont waste your time, take them out of the bleach dry em off. waiting 3 days for your emblems to bleach is silly. i did mine over nite and just took em out dried em off and scuffed em up with a green brillo pad. comes out prime trust me. i'd post pics of my badges but i have none, but i assure you it'll come out nice

#5 ·
[quote author=ssspeed333 link=topic=140016.msg3019290#msg3019290 date=1238099460]
yo ace dont waste your time, take them out of the bleach dry em off. waiting 3 days for your emblems to bleach is silly. i did mine over nite and just took em out dried em off and scuffed em up with a green brillo pad. comes out prime trust me. i'd post pics of my badges but i have none, but i assure you it'll come out nice
[/quote]

Agreed. I'm not a fan of wasting time and money on the bleach method. I sanded mine down with a high grit sand paper. Primed, painted, clear. Well over a year and they look as good as day one.

#6 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=140016.msg3019326#msg3019326 date=1238100263]
[quote author=ssspeed333 link=topic=140016.msg3019290#msg3019290 date=1238099460]
[/quote]

Agreed. I'm not a fan of wasting time and money on the bleach method. I sanded mine down with a high grit sand paper. Primed, painted, clear. Well over a year and they look as good as day one.
[/quote]

What type of paint did you use?? I've taken my emblems off my car and now I'm trying to decide which method to use.

#8 ·
alright well the bleach worked really well. I only spent like $15 dollars total on paint/bleach/sand paper/ect. So it wasn't too expensive and I didn't know if it would come out as well doing it the way you say to and I didn't want to have to do this again just in case... I'll be sure to remember though just in case I have a friend that wants to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.