Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few OZ wheels missing from Tirerack's lineup for the 3. Specifically I was interested in the Ultraleggera's and the Chrono HT's which OZ's website shows available for our car. However, they aren't available via Tirerack's site when you select a 3.

I emailed them about this and the response I got was that they stick out 3/4" beyond the front fender (for the 17x8 et48's I asked about) and so they would be considered a "custom fitment" and therefore not subject to Tirerack's usual guarantees about fitment. As you know, there is no way to buy a wheel from Tirerack without choosing the car they go on (or calling, but I need to purchase through the website to get fatwallet's cashback).

Does anyone know what car I can choose from the list that uses our bolt pattern, and will show me 17x8 wheels with 48mm offset so I can buy one of these sets via the website? I'm not worried about a fitment guarantee, I just need to get my pseudo mail-in rebate via fatwallet (3.3%, not much but every bit helps with expensive wheels). I tried an 08 6 and RX-8 but I'm only seeing 18" in the Chrono HT's but I got pricing from the correct 17" ones from the email response so I know they're available.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a quick followup, choosing the Ms3 wouldn't show me 17" wheels but the 05 STI worked like a champ. Now I just need to convince myself to click the damn "Check out" button and lighten my wallet by $1500...

Thanks for the help and pics. Gold on a black car seems a little difficult to find around here as shown in a recent thread.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Selecting the 05 STi will get you the wrong hub-centric rings. Of course, you could pick up a set the right size later, but TireRack includes these in the cost so you would be paying for them twice. That might eat up your 3.3% rebate.

Andrew

P.S. I believe mazda's center bore is 67.1mm and the STi's center bore is 56.1mm. The wheels themselves are probably bored to around 73mm.

Edit: If you put in an 04 RX8 with automatic and standard package you can get the 17x8's with the 48mm offset and the hub-centric rings should be correct.

·
Registered
182 Posts
sweet cars brandon.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
[quote author=btown-mazda link=topic=138208.msg2984083#msg2984083 date=1236637301]
sweet cars brandon.
[/quote]

well the red one is my GF's...and i sold the orange one a couple months ago...

red speed now looks like

1 - 8 of 8 Posts