Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will probably be answered when I finally get a chance to test drive the 3, but I wanted to find out the answer sooner, if possible.

In my Mazda 323, I have two vents on the dash that are on the fartherst sides of the dash [in the 3, that would be the round vents]. One cool thing I like about these vents is that fresh air from outside blows in without the fan being on. On most modern cars, one *has* to have the fan or A/C turned on for air to come out these vents.

So I am curious if the Mazda 3 has vents like my '86 323 has - do they allow outside air as well as being able to be sealed for when one wants to put the fan or A/C on?

Thanks for any info y'all might have...

/vjl/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it's still good to know. My 323 blows pretty good, esp. if I crack the window. I'm not a big fan/AC fan person - perfer fresh air, so when I'm on the freeway w/ the windows wound up [the only time i wind them up!], the side vents seem to do a pretty good job.

I'm very happy to know that the vents still have that ability, even if it somewhat less powerful than what I'm used to.

Thanks for the quick reply LeeLee & gib! Much appreciated.

/vjl/

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you have a mooroof, cracking it open about an inch will cause the cabin air pressure to drop thus inducing greater airflow through the front vents. It's great for cooling the interior (w/o using AC) after it's been sitting in the sun for a few hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts