Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were hit by a car this evening while we were driving home. Our Mazda CX-7 was hit by a Dodge Neon with two young men and a baby in a rear childseat. They had a space saver tire on the front of their car, no insurance, failed to yield the right-of-way on a flashing red light.

My wife was pretty shook-up and the front bumper on our brand-new CX-7 is trashed. Things could have been much worse as nobody was hurt. The cop told me the other driver would be getting several tickets (uninsured, failing to yield right-of-way) and the cop was very polite and nice to us.

What (if anything) do you think will happen to the other driver? Bear in mind, this is Wayne County, MI... probably nothing. If I wouldn't have braked hard and turned the wheel, we would have been t-boned and I certainly wouldn't be posting this on the Internet, I'd be in the hospital...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, not totalled, but $2500 damage to the CX-7 and it took three weeks to get the car back "good as new". The CX-7 did a good job absorbing the impact energy and protecting the occupants (us).

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep,
The dealer fixed everything and the car drives just like it did when it was new (2/07). We're very happy with the CX-7 and the Speed3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts