Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting my windows tinted once I pickup my 3, and was wondering if anyone knows of good/reputable tint shops in Ottawa?

I read in another thread how "chain" shops are likely the better bet as the're more likely to be around in a few years should any maintenance work need to be done.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey saltorio

I hear Car Stereo City is a good place.. It's on Bank St. past the intersection of Bank/Hunt Club (going south on bank). It's right beside the Chrysler Dealer and cemetary..

All the Bank St. Dealers (chrysler, bank st. mazda, hyundai, honda), get their tints done by that shop, and they're pretty good. I'll be getting my tint done soon, probably within the month.

stokkes

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip Stokkes.

I'm picking up my car tonight (I'm so excited I barely got any sleep last night). I'll ask my dealer what he thinks. I'm sure he'll suggest Car Stereo City based on what you've said.

I'll probably wait as well, but definitely think the car'll look a sweeter (not that it's not already sweet) with a nice tint job.

Any idea the cost to get good tinting done for the everything but the windshield (including the sunroof, assuming it isn't already tinted)?

·
Registered
827 Posts
saltorio,

If you haven't already gotten your windows tinted, I highly recommend Shades on Colonnade road. His prices might not be the cheapest but he uses the best quality tint, full warranty etc, he tints to the top of the window (doesn't leave that little gap that most places do) and has great customer service.

·
Registered
153 Posts
saltorio:

Car Stereo City is abour 225$ for a Llumar tint (one of the best tints available). has FULL lifetime warranty on the tint itself (against fading, cracking, etc), and the installation is guaranteed for lifetime as well (so if it peels, or bubbles, they'll fix it for free).

Pretty good price for the whole car.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Btw, i'm going for my tint on Saturday, will post pics

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great. I'd really like to see those pics when you get em.

I'll probably go for my tinting in April after I get my G2, since my mom drives my car sometimes right now, and I don't want her accidentally opening the windows in those first few days.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been to Derand's and they were good to deal with. Of course there is Shades who seems to have a great reputation. I need to get my tint redone and will try Shades for a quote on a R+R.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Shades is the one I have used for 20 years. Great work! And he does right to the edge!

I have been to Derand's and they were good to deal with. Of course there is Shades who seems to have a great reputation. I need to get my tint redone and will try Shades for a quote on a R+R.

·
Registered
28 Posts
One I would NOT recommend is AutoTrendZ in the far Ottawa West end (Stittsville).

Cost over $200 for 3 windows (reg cab truck) and they lay the tint over FILTHY glass. Doesn't matter how well you clean the exterior and interior of the glass you'll still see swirl and dirty water marks between the tint and the glass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts