Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to those who have their cars. and those who are waiting:

as for me. i called 4 states to find my car. i almost settled on a car in WI about 90 miles away, but it sold last second. then i was lucky or not so lucky to find a black GT 10 mins away from me, which i bought...but it was no where near the best deal.

so i paid alil bit more than i should have, but it was convenient and i was imaptient. i'll never learn.

so u guys:

you buy something on the lot/dealer trade/travel/still waiting...discuss...

·
Registered
726 Posts
There are 8 cars withing 50 miles of my location. Exactly four are GT models. Some have been around since 101606...just sitting around with no buyer attention. The Mazda Speed 6 failure in sales and MASSIVE discount to follow lead one to wait wait wait for MAJOR DISCOUNT on the Speed 3!!! I plan to wait and see...I would like to capture a discount on the car and then buy the Mazda Speed kit at purchase time. If eveyone goes and swoops up every singe car...so what...I can go in October and order next year's model or with the new EVO X to hit the streets about the same time look to pick up an EVO IV. In my mind a Speed 3 with kit = slight discount on EVO IV.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I ordered mine (first one sold in the state) and managed to get it a few hundred under MSRP. It really depends on what sort of relationship you can work with the dealer and what sort of mood they are in.
Dont give up, patience is a virtue ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i pre-ordered mine and worked out a nice deal. i got a gt no navi for $1700 off sticker..

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just kept watching local inventory on mazdausa.com until I found the car I wanted (true red sport, no options) within 100 miles of me. I called to confirm it was there, and then went to buy it. A friend of mine put a deposit down on a black GT in October, and he'll be waiting until Feb or March to get his car. This was much better. :)

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
i ordered mine... I was talking with mazda, and every dealer on the east coast (Florida -> NY -> Tennessee and everything in between) I'm in VA. mazda told me there were only a few CB GT w/ navi coming in the next few months (this was in sept. i think?) And finally i decided to just order one - and got $500 over invoice.

I have ~2 months left to wait but it will be worth it...this way i just save more to put down on it :) Though I do wish I had it now - but its ok I can wait...

I do wish my dealer knew a bit more about what was going on with it though. I ordered it mid/late october, and i still don't have a VIN, or even know if the things been built yet...do I have any leverage or something with them? or any way to find out what is up if mazda has even received my order?

-Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wasn't sure if I was going to wait for discounts, or get one now. I went and looked at a cosmic that turned out to be already sold. I really wanted to drive one and see if I liked it. I went to another dealer that had 2 at the time. I think bufalo was picking his up the day I test drove mine( giambalvo?). The test drove it and that was it, no waiting around for me. I picked it up the following day and did alright with the deal. They did make me fight for every penny though. Now there is a silver sport in my driveway and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I pre-ordered a white one as the red the dealerships have now do not do much for me.. (Canada)

The second batch slated for Canada goes into production next month - I still have to wait 2-3 months to recieve it. :(

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=brecker link=topic=65943.msg1130693#msg1130693 date=1167832545]
I pre-ordered a white one as the red the dealerships have now do not do much for me.. (Canada)

The second batch slated for Canada goes into production next month - I still have to wait 2-3 months to recieve it. :(
[/quote]

me as well...and if my motor mount breaks after waiting so long...I will drive (or push with my other car) it right into their showroom transporter style and stick the keys up their arses!!! well...I'll be pissed, but handle like an adult most likely, but the thought will cross my mind.
plus I think all the red ones are gone now pretty much. saw one on autotrader for all of ontario...but not anymore. I am hoping at least there will be more room with rates and possibly discounts on aftermarket/winter tires due to paying msrp. keep me posted on your progress brecker....

·
Registered
116 Posts
i ordered a red sport model and got really impatient and went to the dealer to see where my car was at and they had a black sport with no name on it and i couldnt say no.that night i came back and bought it i wish i could have waited for the red cause the black is a pain to keep clean. owell

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=killacam08 link=topic=65943.msg1137629#msg1137629 date=1168206612]
i ordered a red sport model and got really impatient and went to the dealer to see where my car was at and they had a black sport with no name on it and i couldnt say no.that night i came back and bought it i wish i could have waited for the red cause the black is a pain to keep clean. owell
[/quote]

i would take black over red anyday...good choice.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Ordered: 08/30/2006
Estimated build date: November 2006, week 1
Actual build date: 11/30/06
On-board vessel BRAVERY ACE: 12/03/2006
Arrived Port Jersey, NJ: 01/06/2007
Released from port: 01/08/2007 (marked HOT by Mazda Chat)
Picked up by truck: 01/10/2007
Delivery: 01/10/2007 (New Castle, DE)

I'LL GET MY ASS RAPED ON THIS DEAL:
01/13/2007 :bananahump:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=brecker link=topic=65943.msg1142686#msg1142686 date=1168451832]
WOW

actual build date to "in your hands" 6 weeks!!
[/quote]

Never stopped to think about it but you're right. To me it's been a looooong wait, since August.
I guess West Coast people ARE getting them quicker. Probably 4-5 weeks.

My vessel called Honolulu, Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico, Jacksonville, and then NY (then off to Boston).
At one day per port. That's almost like a week it get's held-up.

HONOLULU gets them quicker... but Hawaiians get F**** UP BIG with the mark-ups.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts