Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys....new to the forum, but I've been lurking about for a couple months or so. Finally decided to get a speed, in part due to all the positive comments I've heard from owners on this site.

So I ended up ordering a Sunlight Silver MS3 GT back in late January. The dealer just told me yesterday that the build date would be March 16th. So my question is...for those of you that ordered, how long did it take from the day it was built until you got to drive your new car home? I'm on the west coast, so I'm guessing it'd be relatively faster than shipping to the east coast. Also, a side question...what did you do in the meantime to make the wait easier? Watching 0-60, 1/4 mile videos of the speed on youtube or streetfire only help for a couple of minutes :(

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
wait... you ORDERED back in january? And your car won't be built til March 16th? um, I'd find it hard to believe that your dealer is taking your order very seriously. Call mazda, ask them what SS GT MS3's are coming in the next few months...

West coast shipping takes 3-4 weeks, East coast shipping takes 4-5 weeks.

Did you shop around other dealerships? there is not the shortage of these cars that used to be here months ago.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
^^ comming from someone who has been waiting as long as any of us. :lol:
sorry, couldnt resist.

I ordered my car mid september and received it on the 11th of November. it was built 2 or so days after I ordered it, so I would guess 6 weeks from start of build to at the dealer, maybe 1 week less due to your location.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=70806.msg1241459#msg1241459 date=1172768173]
^^ comming from someone who has been waiting as long as any of us. :lol:
sorry, couldnt resist.

I ordered my car mid september and received it on the 11th of November. it was built 2 or so days after I ordered it, so I would guess 6 weeks from start of build to at the dealer, maybe 1 week less due to your location.
[/quote]

So True! :)

However...for the price I negotiated, and the options (nobody here in NoVa has gotten a CB GT w/ navi, i've gotten probably 6 calls from dealers in VA/NC that got CB GT's, no navi) Oh wells, i've saved up a lot more cash to throw as a down payment so my loan payments will be much smaller! :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=70806.msg1241435#msg1241435 date=1172767745]
wait... you ORDERED back in january? And your car won't be built til March 16th? um, I'd find it hard to believe that your dealer is taking your order very seriously. Call mazda, ask them what SS GT MS3's are coming in the next few months...

Did you shop around other dealerships? there is not the shortage of these cars that used to be here months ago.
[/quote]

I'm a little confused by your post...your sig says your car was ordered in early november yet wasn't made until late January? Thats about twice as long as my wait time will be until its built.
I have shopped around at other places, but I guess I'm a picky person, because I couldn't find any with the options I wanted (specifically, sunlight silver, gt without nav).

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have ordered in November and not received my car yet! How do you handle it?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
he handles it by buying mods for a car he doesnt own yet!
ohh and organizing group buys.. he seems to like new items sitting in boxes and wondering how well they must work.

hey mel, must be any day now ehh?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=70806.msg1243085#msg1243085 date=1172804560]
ohh and organizing group buys.. he seems to like new items sitting in boxes and wondering how well they must work.

[/quote]

Hah, ya I know how that feels. Mine was ordered in late November and was built mid January.

I am supposed to drive off the dealer lot mid-next week...we'll see.

There are plenty of informative threads on this forum. Check bani's thread on countless reviews of the ms3. That should keep you occupied for...a day.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=PeterSellers link=topic=70806.msg1243079#msg1243079 date=1172804404]

[/quote]

I'm a little confused by your post...your sig says your car was ordered in early november yet wasn't made until late January? Thats about twice as long as my wait time will be until its built.
I have shopped around at other places, but I guess I'm a picky person, because I couldn't find any with the options I wanted (specifically, sunlight silver, gt without nav).

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have ordered in November and not received my car yet! How do you handle it?

[/quote]

I was at work and doing some coding while responding so i got my dates mixed up :) Your order to build date time is on par. after its built, shipping takes 3-4 weeks for you - then 1-2 weeks from port to dealer.

The reason you had to order is exactly why I had to order - couldn't find a CB GT w/ navi that would be in til nowish. So figured might as well order anyways.

[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=70806.msg1243085#msg1243085 date=1172804560]

[/quote]

The man knows what he's talking about - I've already ordered plenty of mods for this car - and im on the forum all day at work so that keeps me entertained....really though - I am just a super patient person. The wait is well worth it - I've saved up quite a big chunk of change to put down on the car to make my loan fairly small. I've had time to read all the reports of what to look for - what to check etc. and...my car has missed out on this crappy weather with all the salt snow and ice :)

i'm hoping my car will be here this weekend but Suzanne didn't come through today so maybe sometime next week you'll be seeing pics of my sexy beast :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Mellman...waiting...waiting FOR MY FREAKIN accountant to give me an appointment that is! I've yet to order the car...tourture, but good things come to those who wait. In terms of teaching patience, this car is high up on the list!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=70806.msg1243203#msg1243203 date=1172807104]
[quote author=PeterSellers link=topic=70806.msg1243079#msg1243079 date=1172804404]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was at work and doing some coding while responding so i got my dates mixed up :) Your order to build date time is on par. after its built, shipping takes 3-4 weeks for you - then 1-2 weeks from port to dealer.

The reason you had to order is exactly why I had to order - couldn't find a CB GT w/ navi that would be in til nowish. So figured might as well order anyways.

[/quote]

The man knows what he's talking about - I've already ordered plenty of mods for this car - and im on the forum all day at work so that keeps me entertained....really though - I am just a super patient person. The wait is well worth it - I've saved up quite a big chunk of change to put down on the car to make my loan fairly small. I've had time to read all the reports of what to look for - what to check etc. and...my car has missed out on this crappy weather with all the salt snow and ice :)

i'm hoping my car will be here this weekend but Suzanne didn't come through today so maybe sometime next week you'll be seeing pics of my sexy beast :)

[/quote]

bad programmer....browsing the forums at work instead of coding? I think we're leading parallel lives. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered mine at the begining of November, at that time I was told to expect my car by the begining of March. Now they are telling me it will be JUNE!!! If I had not already put a deposit on the car I would go to one of the other 4 dealers within 50 miles that have exactly what I want in stock now.

·
Registered
329 Posts
[quote author=madddoggj link=topic=70806.msg1243840#msg1243840 date=1172845781]
I ordered mine at the begining of November, at that time I was told to expect my car by the begining of March. Now they are telling me it will be JUNE!!! If I had not already put a deposit on the car I would go to one of the other 4 dealers within 50 miles that have exactly what I want in stock now.
[/quote]

Was the deposit non-refundable? I'd try and fight to get it back, and go grab your car from a dealer that has the car you want. At the very least you should find out if your dealer can do some sort of dealer trade with another dealer so you can get in your ride sooner.

AFAIK, deposits are supposed to be refundable.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Yeah, go get that shit back ang go on down the road. Betcha your car "magically" appears if you start that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
[quote author=kokemon23 link=topic=70806.msg1243971#msg1243971 date=1172848586]
[quote author=madddoggj link=topic=70806.msg1243840#msg1243840 date=1172845781]
[/quote]

Was the deposit non-refundable? I'd try and fight to get it back, and go grab your car from a dealer that has the car you want. At the very least you should find out if your dealer can do some sort of dealer trade with another dealer so you can get in your ride sooner.

[/quote]
The deposit is not non-refundable, I spoke to my dealer about trying to egt the car from a different dealer. If they are unable to get it from them, they said they are willing to give my deposit back.

·
Registered
329 Posts
[quote author=madddoggj link=topic=70806.msg1244794#msg1244794 date=1172866992]

[/quote]

[/quote]
The deposit is not non-refundable, I spoke to my dealer about trying to egt the car from a different dealer. If they are unable to get it from them, they said they are willing to give my deposit back.
[/quote]

That's good, at least they're not holding it over your head.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, I am glad they are not trying to hold it over my head. I am giving them until Monday to get back up with me. If i do not hear from them by the end of Monday, I will be contacting them first thing Tuesday morning to get my deposit back. I need this car soon. I am driving a 20 year old car and am just not comfortable driving it 100 miles a day to and from work.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ordered my Speed3 on 11/12/06. Car is supposed to be at the dealer this week.

So 11/12/06 to ~03/19-23/07. Crossing my fingers it will arrive tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Greetings all I am new to the forum and I'm in the same boat no pun intended. I spoke with a dealer in NM where I live and the build date was 3/06 on a CB GT MS3 I put $1000 down, this past wensday.

·
Registered
797 Posts
[quote author=PeterSellers link=topic=70806.msg1241409#msg1241409 date=1172767322]
Sup guys....new to the forum, but I've been lurking about for a couple months or so. Finally decided to get a speed, in part due to all the positive comments I've heard from owners on this site.

So I ended up ordering a Sunlight Silver MS3 GT back in late January. The dealer just told me yesterday that the build date would be March 16th. So my question is...for those of you that ordered, how long did it take from the day it was built until you got to drive your new car home? I'm on the west coast, so I'm guessing it'd be relatively faster than shipping to the east coast. Also, a side question...what did you do in the meantime to make the wait easier? Watching 0-60, 1/4 mile videos of the speed on youtube or streetfire only help for a couple of minutes :(
[/quote]

Why did you have to order one! No one has any floating around!
I know for me i hit up a dealershp, they had a list a few mnths ahead of what vin numbers with color, model and options coming form mazda to them!
They thought they had oen coming in a ,month ( i asked for a cosmic blue no options here, but took the compass mirrior to get mine sooner) and we say one coming in on january 29 (we looked january 27) it came in that monday, inspected tuesday, i took it home wednsday). So check around you might find a dealer gettign one sooner if you dont want to wait!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Hey guys... you SoCal guys should have come the Phoenix to buy. We have tons of them. I decided on a Monday that I wanted one and picked it up on Sunday. They still have plenty of stock here for ya!

If a dealer cannot show you the order that they placed, you should go somewhere else. The better selling Mazda dealers get more Speeds. The dealer I got mine from is #20 in the nation so they had 5. They will see 60 this year and there are 5 other Speed dealers in the valley that show them in stock today.

Just an FYI... it goes from Japan to LA port in about 6 weeks-2 months depending on storms. Being in San Diego means as soon as they unload from the ship it gets there in about 2 days max. It can take up to a month to unload the ships if the dealer is not pressing the issue. Mazda can force the ships to be unloaded faster.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts