Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After glancing at some older MX-Sportif photos, I noticed that the center console has a lacquered glossy appearance. The panels around all the controls have a laminated, reflective sheen to them, just like exterior paint. I haven't noticed these shiny plastic consoles on any of the production photos ... are there supposed to be any available optional interior trims? I recall seeing something about different trim in the available options list, but I don't think I ever saw a photo of one like the Sportif. Gives the interior a VERY classy, upscale look, seriously ... without it, it looks like any other econobox. That console makes it look like a high end car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
are you talking about that glossy piano black stuff? yeah I asked about that before I think I must have worded it wrong in the wrong topic. no one really responded

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
According to mazda.ca "Carbon like finish on center panel" is standard on the GT. That's as much as I know, but I think that the glossy stuff will not be available in the production 3 - it was just shown on the MX Sportif, just like the dual-exhaust muffler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just over at the Axela site. There is a "tuner" section where you can accessorize the Mazda 3. In that section, you can change the steering wheel color and black interior trim pieces to red, blue or a combination of metallic silver. Also in the tuner section, you can add exterior pieces, other options, and even change the brake caliper color.

http://www.w-tune.com/

I sure hope they bring this level of customization to the states. The Toyota XA can be highly customized with a lot of factory and aftermarket parts straight off web site.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
But this is only for Japan - their customization (is that a word?) market is huge! They like gadgets and things like that more than we do in NA

·
Registered
21 Posts
That web tune site is pretty cool, even if I can't understand what half the options I put on my car were :)

I like the darker finish alloy wheels, but highly doubtful they'll be available outside of Japan officially.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Everything will probably show up in a Mazda accessory booklet.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I doubt it. because like Dinu01 said. the Japanese aftermarket is rediculous. you should see their car shows. Screw civics and integras...they do up their skylines and 350Z's etc.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just looked at the US 3 specification sheet. On the S and 5-door models, there is a gloss black trim that comes standard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts