Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious... i was thinking about getting the Yellow Top D35 battery from Optima and i saw on AutoZone that you needed a tray to support it.. haven't seen anyone say that anywhere else on different sites ive been looking at.

Just curious how many people on here have that battery in their 3 and if they have put a tray in there also.

Thanks for any input on this.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
It comes with the battery, just clip it onto the bottom of it to raise the height of it a bit so the hold down will fit snug against the battery.

·
Registered
379 Posts
ive got the red top in mine and the fitment is just fine, mine came with the heighth adapter and it fit snug! i love the fact that i can sit at the lake with ma gurl and not have to turn it on every 30 minutes to let it charge!

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey i dont know if your interrested but i found these trick looking optima trays on ebay. this guy even makes custom ones that im getting made for my shop and for the quality of the product is rather cheap just thought iu would throw this out the link is www.optimatrays.com

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=KeVo116966 link=topic=137745.msg2982717#msg2982717 date=1236572867]
hey i dont know if your interrested but i found these trick looking optima trays on ebay. this guy even makes custom ones that im getting made for my shop and for the quality of the product is rather cheap just thought iu would throw this out the link is www.optimatrays.com
[/quote]

Pretty expensive, but they look nice. I'd consider it if I was going to replace the battery box alltogether, or go for a trunk-mounted battery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah im workin on a show car so the factory bat box is def not cutting it. and as for the price i dont think i would consider that expensive espeacially with tthe alum that there milling it out of and the precision but thats just me

·
Registered
232 Posts
The optima yellow top fit without any issue in my '04.

The cables were a bit tighter, as the contacts are on the opposite side of the battery, but it worked without any issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts