Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to buy new suspension components and am looking for opinions and suggestions with what I'll be running. The list is as follows;
Koni STR.T (oranges)
Eiback pro kit
Whiteline 24 mm front and rear sway bars.

Am I missing anything? I saw that most members don't need adjustable camber kits with the Eiback kit so I'll stick with stock parts (to be replaced with new components later). I've also never done suspension for cars that have rear suspension like the mazda 3 so any helpful tips are appreciated.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
38 Posts
Nothing wrong with Eibacks and orange koni. I know several peeps who run that set up.
If you want lower than eiback pro kit, then you should go coilovers , plus strut can be adjusted (1-30 setting) and Camber can be adjusted .
If you are upgrading the swaybars then upgrade the endlinks too.
You can also add a front strut tower (megan racing) and also front Lower strut (Ultra racing).
Ultra racing has many option for beefing up rear with rear truck/hatch brace and rear lower braces and torsion bars.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was considering coilovers but I decided that this will be a well-handling DD and I'll have a different project car later.
Do you think I should go with the whiteline endlinks or should stock be fine?

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
38 Posts
I was considering coilovers but I decided that this will be a well-handling DD and I'll have a different project car later.
Do you think I should go with the whiteline endlinks or should stock be fine?
I used stock on my rear upgrades swaybar and they let go and had to get whiteline

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? I figured new OEM endlinks would have stiff enough bushings to hold onto the swaybars. Also, do I need to worry about any braces? I used to have an integra and if you installed a rear swaybar over a certain size, you needed a subframe brace to keep the swaybar from ripping the bolts out of the subframe.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
What kind of Mazda you got?

I have a 09 3 Hatchback....

My 1st Suspension setup was Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs which were almost a 2" drop...
I was using KYB GR2 Struts/Shocks
I also have a H&R RSB added.

I rode w/ Lowering Springs for about 2yrs....They were nice & comfy but really lagged in precise corning and aggressive driving through the Mountain curvy roads...and any extra weight in the back was awful too!...

Finally upgraded to ISC N1 Coilovers which was the best money spent on Suspension IMO. They are Adjustable Dampening and great for DD use...I've been on these almost 4yrs now and love how they handle and respond to curvy roads and agressive driving on the freeway etc...

So if you like driving Curvy Roads and stuff like that..I would go w/ a GOOD brand of Coilovers w/ Adjustable Dampening.

Also Good Tires pay a huge part in Handling too!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an 07 hatch. I know coilovers are the superior option and aren't THAT expensive, but I don't get to go driving on the mountain roads near me enough, plus corner balancing doesn't sound like a cheap time. That being said, I heard that konis and eibach pro springs are one of the better options for more tame suspension while having good handling. That, coupled with the sway bars and of course new tires, since its almost time for new ones, should be enough to help me feel less floppy taking freeway on and off ramps on my daily commute.

But really, do I need aftermarket endlinks or will new OEM ones work, and anyone use those lateral locks?

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
38 Posts
What kind of Mazda you got?

I have a 09 3 Hatchback....

My 1st Suspension setup was Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs which were almost a 2" drop...
I was using KYB GR2 Struts/Shocks
I also have a H&R RSB added.

I rode w/ Lowering Springs for about 2yrs....They were nice & comfy but really lagged in precise corning and aggressive driving through the Mountain curvy roads...and any extra weight in the back was awful too!...

Finally upgraded to ISC N1 Coilovers which was the best money spent on Suspension IMO. They are Adjustable Dampening and great for DD use...I've been on these almost 4yrs now and love how they handle and respond to curvy roads and agressive driving on the freeway etc...

So if you like driving Curvy Roads and stuff like that..I would go w/ a GOOD brand of Coilovers w/ Adjustable Dampening.

Also Good Tires pay a huge part in Handling too!
The ISC were in my top 5 choices. I could not find out if they were made in Taiwan or China. But they have a great warranty where they rebuild inhouse in NH. Since im in Canada i decided to go with a local (in house rebuilding) brand like ISC .. Neo Motorsport NEO Motorsport Brakes & Suspensions were expensive than ISC (with exchange , shipping and duty) they were more .

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
38 Posts
I have an 07 hatch. I know coilovers are the superior option and aren't THAT expensive, but I don't get to go driving on the mountain roads near me enough, plus corner balancing doesn't sound like a cheap time. That being said, I heard that konis and eibach pro springs are one of the better options for more tame suspension while having good handling. That, coupled with the sway bars and of course new tires, since its almost time for new ones, should be enough to help me feel less floppy taking freeway on and off ramps on my daily commute.

But really, do I need aftermarket endlinks or will new OEM ones work, and anyone use those lateral locks?
I used my oem links in the rear and they let go with the upgraded swaybar and had to get whiteline endlinks.
You can do the same , use the oem and if they let go then upgrade to a better endlink

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up adding whiteline front and rear endlinks to my cart, new stuff won't hurt right?

I totally understand the nudge towards coilovers but I don't really need that level of performance for my application. I think there is such a thing as overkill when it comes to performance parts so I've decided to go with what I chose because it meets my needs and is superior to stock. Plus I don't want to go very low since lots of roads and driveways around here are still trash.

Would you guys mind checking out my parts list and verifying the part numbers? I've accidentally ordered the wrong parts in the past 🙃

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Don't mind the brake lines, obviously not suspension haha
Dude!...Should of gone w/ Coilovers...LoL since you are buying Whiteline Brand stuff...Whiteline Stuff is pretty performance stuff not very necessary for Daily Driving as you claim!

I am just running MOOG Brand Rear Sway Endlinks, I drive like a crazy MoFo too!....Also ISC Coilovers come w/ Front Endlinks...

IMO Should not go w/ a Whiteline brand RSB....Its not as thick as the H&R which a 26mm bar...there's also CorkSport, JBR, other brands too!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dude!...Should of gone w/ Coilovers...LoL since you are buying Whiteline Brand stuff...Whiteline Stuff is pretty performance stuff not very necessary for Daily Driving as you claim!

I am just running MOOG Brand Rear Sway Endlinks, I drive like a crazy MoFo too!....Also ISC Coilovers come w/ Front Endlinks...

IMO Should not go w/ a Whiteline brand RSB....Its not as thick as the H&R which a 26mm bar...there's also CorkSport, JBR, other brands too!
I had no idea whiteline was more performance oriented! I was basing my purchases on swaybar diameter since thicker usually means more aggressive, right?

Ok, I'll rethink my swaybars and endlinks, I've never heard any friends say anything good or bad about MOOG so I didn't go for them. Does a 24 mm front and 26 mm rear bar sound like a good combo? I haven't dove that deep into suspension options for mazda 3s so I don't know which brands are considered more performance oriented, nor do I know what diameter is best for DD vs track.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used my oem links in the rear and they let go with the upgraded swaybar and had to get whiteline endlinks.
You can do the same , use the oem and if they let go then upgrade to a better endlink
Sorry for my ignorance. What did you mean by "let go". I had mechanic who I've gone to since 1981 do complete suspension / alignment on 08 hatch when it reached 146, 000 mi. I don't know what he put in it. But it exhibited problems (that I'm hard pressed to describe) if I did something like push it too hard in a cloverleaf that are gone now. Crazy about this car.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
38 Posts
My OEM let go... would stay not tightened even with loctite. They would slowly unscrew themselves and swaybar would knock. OEM were not made to work with the larger Corksport rear swaybar. Whiteline rear endlinks work great. Installed 2 years ago... no issues. I track the car whenever i can.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
38 Posts
I had no idea whiteline was more performance oriented! I was basing my purchases on swaybar diameter since thicker usually means more aggressive, right?

Ok, I'll rethink my swaybars and endlinks, I've never heard any friends say anything good or bad about MOOG so I didn't go for them. Does a 24 mm front and 26 mm rear bar sound like a good combo? I haven't dove that deep into suspension options for mazda 3s so I don't know which brands are considered more performance oriented, nor do I know what diameter is best for DD vs track.
You should check out Corksport sport website for ideas and alot of questions asked in the products FAQ.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not sure where to find the FAQ you're specifically referencing but after some reading, I'll go with the rear 24 mm whiteline bar with matching endlinks. Since this will be my first foray into adjustable swaybars, I'll start simple and grow from there. Other than that, I'll stick with my koni orange and eibach pro kit (I've lived the lowered life before with a full tuck integra so 1.5 inches is nothing).

I also never mentioned that, for my profession, appearances are still a big part of it so I don't want to look too slammed or anything so this modest setup should be fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts