Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know anything about these wheels (weight, strength, who makes them, ect...)? Also, how do you think they would look on a Whitewater Pearl Hatch?

·
Registered
264 Posts
ADR Canada, but it's not showing up wheel weight. Those look nice and would probably look nice on a WPH also, imo.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Just some small bits of advice, ADR makes heavy wheels when compared to other brands at their price level, but they are a good value for the buck and their models are almost identical to other high end wheels like Volk, Rota, Racing Heart Etc.

I've seen these on a few cars here and they look good.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Ebay has the 18s in gunmetal I believe for under $500 after shipping. I think they offer wheel and tire packages too. I was thinking about getting them for my strato blue. Anyone know of a SB with them or maybe photshopped?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
18s for 500 after shipping.....yeah that's some real quality shit right there.

·
Registered
920 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=66346.msg1181469#msg1181469 date=1170367050]
[/quote]

i'm smelling alot of sarcasm here... DONT BUY EM'! they're probably going to bend the second you put them on the studs...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Yea I'm sure they're pretty cheap quality, it looks like I'm just gunna go with RX8 or stock 17s. But hey man if you like the look of them then go ahead and get them. Atleast if they do get messed up they're cheap to replace.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=Depou link=topic=66346.msg1181484#msg1181484 date=1170367392]
[quote author=the415 link=topic=66346.msg1181469#msg1181469 date=1170367050]
[/quote]

i'm smelling alot of sarcasm here... DONT BUY EM'! they're probably going to bend the second you put them on the studs...
[/quote]

do you still smell it? cuz it's still there. hahahahahaha. we had a good laugh about this post at our mazda meet tonight.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Yea well not all of us can afford some JDM rims and even a $800 package will look better than the hubcaps I have now. I'm not getting something like that but I'll still defend the people who do. Oh and not to thread jack, but speaking of JDM, if anyone wants to buy a right side drive Skyline for $22,000 PM me. It's a friend of mines so I can't put it in the buy/sell since it's not actually mine.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=italiancutie136 link=topic=66346.msg1182409#msg1182409 date=1170393748]
hey back off jas.... my wheels havent fallen off my car YET.... in fact, i think they are holding up better than your stock wheels!
[/quote]

whoah...easy there lil lady. i wasn't talking about you or your wheels.

[quote author=miatamaniac link=topic=66346.msg1182427#msg1182427 date=1170394173]
Yea well not all of us can afford some JDM rims and even a $800 package will look better than the hubcaps I have now. I'm not getting something like that but I'll still defend the people who do. Oh and not to thread jack, but speaking of JDM, if anyone wants to buy a right side drive Skyline for $22,000 PM me. It's a friend of mines so I can't put it in the buy/sell since it's not actually mine.
[/quote]

here's just a little advice. you can take it or leave it. doesn't matter to me. when it comes to modding your car, just don't get something because it's cheap and you have the money. get it because you really want it. never settle. that goes for anything. the day you settle for something, is the day you sell yourself short. im not saying you have to spend a ton of money. it's just that a set of 18" wheels for 500 shipped, to me in my opinion, is not really a quality wheel. buying something that you know is going to have quality and is from a company who stands behind their product is a much better/smarter buy. if it takes a bit longer to save, then so be it. at the end of the day, you'll be happy that you spent your money wisely.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=66346.msg1182435#msg1182435 date=1170394587]
[quote author=italiancutie136 link=topic=66346.msg1182409#msg1182409 date=1170393748]
hey back off jas.... my wheels havent fallen off my car YET.... in fact, i think they are holding up better than your stock wheels!
[/quote]

whoah...easy there lil lady. i wasn't talking about you or your wheels.

[quote author=miatamaniac link=topic=66346.msg1182427#msg1182427 date=1170394173]
[/quote]

here's just a little advice. you can take it or leave it. doesn't matter to me. when it comes to modding your car, just don't get something because it's cheap and you have the money. get it because you really want it. never settle. that goes for anything. the day you settle for something, is the day you sell yourself short. im not saying you have to spend a ton of money. it's just that a set of 18" wheels for 500 shipped, to me in my opinion, is not really a quality wheel. buying something that you know is going to have quality and is from a company who stands behind their product is a much better/smarter buy. if it takes a bit longer to save, then so be it. at the end of the day, you'll be happy that you spent your money wisely.
[/quote]

+1. When it comes to car stuff, it's worth shelling out the extra money for name brand stuff. It's worth it because the company will stand by their product, and if anything happens, they'll step up and take care of it. Why do you think modding cars is such an expensive hobby? I'm in the same boat you are, man (college full time), but I've been able to save up enough to buy a nice set of rims (soon, at least, ordering this weekend). You're best bet is to step up and pay now instead of cheaping out and getting some knock offs, because if you have to keep replacing the crappy ones, well, it'll defeat the purpose (you'll end up spending more money on the crap rims when you could have done it all at once and gotten the respectable and durable ones). Just my 0.02 cents :wink:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Someone else posted these 3 things with wheels, which is pretty much true to an extent.

a) Low Price
b) Light Weight
c) High Durability

You can only have two of the choices.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i hear what you are saying jas, but i'd rather buy a bit cheaper wheels and save that money for a turbo. the wheels look good enough (granted, they arent ass expensive) but they work and i like them and believe them to be good enough quality to put on my car. So, until they fall off my car when i hit a ditch, i think ADR is a perfectly good brand and worth getting.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
the example with the red sedan looks like those are easy to get rim rash, although different tires or a different size/combo might offer more protection. or does it just look like that to me?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts