Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as i was driving home after picking up my 3, the door ajar light comes on. my first trip with a new car and something is wrong already :evil: this disables lots of features for me such as the security system, interior lights,

i took it in for service, and sure enough theres a faulty sensor. i'm currently waiting for the part to come in.

since i never really had a car that worked, i need to know what to look for once its repaired:

do the interior lights turn on/off when using the remote?
do the exterior lights stay on or just flash when unlocking with the remote?
does the horn sound when unlocking?
do the locks un/lock when turning the car on/off?

sorry these are pretty lame questions...i just want to make sure i get the car back the way its supposed to work. thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
binyan8r said:
do the interior lights turn on/off when using the remote?
Only when you unlock the car. They turn off when you lock it with the remote.

binyan8r said:
do the exterior lights stay on or just flash when unlocking with the remote?
The hazards flash once to lock, twice to unlock.

binyan8r said:
does the horn sound when unlocking?
No.

binyan8r said:
do the locks un/lock when turning the car on/off?
No, but you can get an aftermarket alarm that will do this. I think all new DEI/Clifford (same company now) alarms do this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
prismglass said:
Is it my imagination, or do the interior front reading lights come up brightly if the car can tell you are fumbling to try to get the key into the ignition? I think that is a really neat feature.
This does happen, when you sit for a while in the car before starting the lights start to fade, then press the keyhole (ignition barrel) and the lights return to bright! its really cool...

As for the locks, in the Uk , we have no horn sounds at all, but pressing the lock button once locks the car, pressing it again deadlocks the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
deadlocking is when if someone breaks the window to get into the car, they can't get out again by opening the doors as the door locks wont open.

also we have an alarm as standard here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i think the NA cars do that too. deadlocking that is.

i found that when i lock the doors with the remote, and then press lock again, i hear the doors locking again. if i press the button again, the horn lets off a toot :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.