Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else seeing this problem? I have a couple CDs that really aren't scratched all that much (play on just about anything else I own), but they're skipping like crazy. Definitely another reason I'm getting an aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't had a problem with scratched cd's yet. Of course, I have plenty of scratched CD's & I might be changing my answer.

I'm really impressed with this player - so far - because it never seems to skip.... With my Sony CD player in my former vehicle, I had that problem often. I don't know if it was the player or the truck it was in & our terrible roads. Either way, it's a different experience having a CD player that continues to play over the potholes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I haven't had any problems with it. I don't think I'd get an aftermarket head unit, though. I like my 6 Disc In-Dash. How did I live w/o it all these years? haha

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Mines been performing like a champ. Scratched CDs and CDRs play nice and clean.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I got a bum Cd player. I went through about 3 minutes of a song yesterday in 10 seconds because of all of the skips.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I've had CDR problems - both PC recorded, and home Audio (with the CD for Home Audio logo).

I had to put the disc in 3 times before it realized it was valid.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had problems too, at least compared to my old Alpine head unit in my prior car ('93 Subaru Legacy). It does seem to be more sensitive to scratches, and I will eventually replace the stock stereo as soon as some decent dash kits come out. Hopefully there's some way of connecting the steering wheel mounted controls to an aftermarket unit too.

To be honest though, if you pull that stereo out, you've got a lot of space to work with, so it would actually be cool to embed a small LCD monitor in the dash and setup a car audio PC. Sounds like a fun (and complicated) project!

joelmole

·
Registered
267 Posts
No problems with my CD player... CD-R and CD-R w/ badly placed labels too! Some scratched CDs but not much. I tend to take care of my music... I got my old CD player which I swapped out for MP3 recently if you want it. Make me an offer and I'll consider sending it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Take it in to the dealer and let them know it skips a lot on all your CDs (no need to mention the scratches) to have them take a look at it, maybe see if they can clean the laser lense or something. It sounds like other peoples players are working fine, no reason yours shouldn't either... maybe some dust/grime got on the lense during assembly.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No point to worry about it since it'll be ripped out soon enough anyway. It serves its purpose right now and that's all I care about.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, regular car stereo. It'll be an interesting setup... more details will be discussed once I have certain jobs verified by installer friends.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Noooooo your gonna give your virgin baby to another man??

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would do it myself, but I have zero experience with welding... I figured practicing on a $18k car that is about 1 week old is not the best idea :)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Lmao.

Im not that great of a welder but Im getting there. My g/f may get me a badass MIG welder for my bday so I can practice more. Ive been wanting to make a 5hp, wheelie-barred go-kart that will bust 40 degree wheelies. I have all the plans and the motor. I started to do some of the frame and it came out like ass.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You made the frame of a donkey? Wow....

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Speaking of animals.. the guy up my street was giving me some lessons and he makes metal swans, ducks, dogs and cats. His next project was a life size horse.

They look sweet.. kinda like a 3d game.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts