Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
total time for progress spring install.. 10 hours 47 minutes.. And that is time from parking the car in the garage to putting the last tool away...

the downside.. It took 5 hours to get the lug nuts off.. I lost my wheel lock key.. I drove all over the place, then went to the closest Mazda and they were closed.. So I went to the second closest Mazda 3 cities over and they were able to take off the locks using a master lock set they have, and I had bought some new lugs at the store to swap on.. And best of all they did it for free!!!

Other than that it went fairly easy.. The fronts took about 4 hours it would of went faster but we tried things we thought would save time but it just made things take longer in the end... They rears took 45 minutes or so from start to finish, so easy!!!

Also air tools would of made it go alot faster and easier :)

I will most pics probably tomorrow, because it raining and dark outside now...

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
just make sure you let them settle about a week and then get an alignment once they're done and you should be great.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
[quote author=bzdel2441 link=topic=71666.msg1260903#msg1260903 date=1173595727]
total time for progress spring install.. 10 hours 47 minutes.. And that is time from parking the car in the garage to putting the last tool away...

the downside.. It took 5 hours to get the lug nuts off.. I lost my wheel lock key.. I drove all over the place, then went to the closest Mazda and they were closed.. So I went to the second closest Mazda 3 cities over and they were able to take off the locks using a master lock set they have, and I had bought some new lugs at the store to swap on.. And best of all they did it for free!!!

Other than that it went fairly easy.. The fronts took about 4 hours it would of went faster but we tried things we thought would save time but it just made things take longer in the end... They rears took 45 minutes or so from start to finish, so easy!!!

Also air tools would of made it go alot faster and easier :)

I will most pics probably tomorrow, because it raining and dark outside now...
[/quote]

pics pics pics. I wanna see somepics. I recently purchasd progress springs and I'm interested in knowing how the drop would look. Also how is the ride uality compared to stock??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts