Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving and and went to put the car into 3rd gear. The stick would not go into 3rd or anyother gear. I pulled over and realized the clutch pedal went flat; it did not spring back up when pressed.

The car was towed to the local Mazda dealer.

The brake/transmission fluid level was at max. What's the most likely reason?

:!:

·
Registered
266 Posts
wow only 450 miles and this happened?!

I do hear from some mazda owners bout the 3rd gear sticking. I don't own a MT so I can't vouch for them. You should look it up; maybe there are some answers.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Sounds like the hydraulics are gone...

I'm willing to bet they'll give you the run around because its a clutch issues. It just makes me laugh - people abuse auto-tranny's, but when they take it in they get serviced. Us manual drivers have to wade through the shit to get the job done...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The whole tranny needs to come apart

The service mgr just told me the entire tranny needs to be taken apart to find out what the problem is.

Since this is a new car, do I have any recourse of getting a new one? I understand the Lemon law, and realize this is the first incident. That said it doesn't bring confidence in this car...it only has 450 miles!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I don't think you can get lemon law on that in any state - you might want to call MazdaUSA and state your opinion (in a PC way) so that it is documented that you are already uncertain about the vehicle.

BTW, is this an 09 or an '10 model? What trim?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Wierd. Hopefully no one was messing around with it prior to your delivery, but even then, there shouldn't be a problem...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Read up on the Lemon Law. But in general it gives a manufacturer several attempts at repair or so many days out of service before you can invoke that privilege. You just got unlucky and got a bad tranny.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw the remains of what was my clutch before I unknowingly ripped though it.

When I first got the car, my son was learning how to drive MT.
I think it was this and me riding the clutch too much.

I signed a good will paper on the clutch because it wasn't a manufacturing problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts