Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
As you may have seen earlier this week, I sold my mazdaspeed dual 10" subwoofer enclosure. Downward firing.

I have left the first prototype box - SAME EXACT ENCLOSURE, same specs, same build, just without the mazdaspeed logo.

It was pro built by the same folks that build the speaker enclosures for Boston Acoustics (friends of mine). Airtight dovetail construction, pro box all the way.

Covering is charcoal gray.

The BEAUTY of this box is that the downward firing arrangement not only sounds better (Cone is more stable at high power - like a home sub) but since the woofers aim down, they cant get damaged by any stowage in the trunk.

It is also ANGLED in the rear so tht it only comes out as far as the first parcel tray. You can lift the main floor lid to get at the spare without moving the sub box. Nice.

Cost me $400 to design and build this enclosure - I am only asking 125.00 for this one, plus basic UPS shipping. Just PM me for a quote. The last sub box shipped for only $28.00 so it is very economical.

Give it a good home!
MCTWIST

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: -----ONE OF A KIND MAZDASPEED SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE - PART 2 - PICS/PAYPAL OK --->

very nice and a great price....

is this ported or sealed?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: -----ONE OF A KIND MAZDASPEED SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE - PART 2 - PICS/PAYPAL OK --->

It is sealed, dual 10", downward firing.

The last box sold for $250.00 so I think this is an exceptional buy.

You could recover it in any design or color you want - the box construction and design is what is most important.

How often can you get a custom enclosure for your Mazda built to Boston Acoustics specs for 125.00?

·
Registered
111 Posts

..and I just ordered ONE Boston G5 for my MS3... I'd like a box with the logo for a single G5 :)

I was planning on putting it in the spare tire area but after seeing your design, I might consider building one like it - the the logo. How'd you do that?

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[quote author=jfoster link=topic=138052.msg2977449#msg2977449 date=1236269421]
*snip*

I was planning on putting it in the spare tire area but after seeing your design, I might consider building one like it - the the logo. How'd you do that?

Thanks
Jeff
[/quote]

With a half a million dollar robotic manufacturing system. (serious).

ALSO

>ANY< 10" sub will work in this box - not just a Boston Acoustics sub.

Almost all 10" subs on the market are designed for sealed enclosures between .6-.8'.

Sealed boxes are very forgiving. They dont have to be as "on the nut" or precise as a ported enclosure.

Sealed always sounds good.

·
Registered
268 Posts

Dibs :break:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Payment received.
SOLD to TEE!

·
Registered
14,911 Posts

:sold:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.