Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad my car gets to live in a garage!

:shock:

I know, I know, it's nothing compared to what MS3's in the North have to put up. Sure glad I live in TX now where this is as bad as it gets.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
yeah, you guys got hit pretty hard with the ice! totally off topic, but how do you like that style gas cap? I have been thinking about getting it.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
thats alot worse than my car will ever see
hell, here in new england, we havent even gotten weather as bad as you in TX

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
yeah, but I think you are going to get some of it. The band of suck goes all the way down to FL, where it is cooling off here. q

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sean, I was kinda glad mine has not got here yet. You should see how nasty my Honda looks today. The sand does a number, makes it hard to wash. My silver has turned into desert sand. Be careful out there, lots fo ice where I am (South of DFW 30 mi.).

·
Banned
882 Posts
The ice on my car was about 5x thicker than that here in Buffalo... and I'd consider what we got hit with 'moderate' at its worst. Hell... I think only 3 or 4 schools closed the next day.

I saw some video of people trying to drive on the ice in Texas and the first thing that popped into my head was that Benny Hill music!

:Ownedcrazy:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
ha ha, I bet the same would happen in FL. 5 million gray-hairs going 55 mph spinning around on the ice. With their left blinker on...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, it's alot of fun trying to get around Dallas. We don't get much practice here, maybe one day a year. Yes, most are idiots. People still doin 70+ all day, hitting the brakes on the bridge, etc. I feel like drinkin a 1/5 by the time I get where I am goin.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Out here, rain makes people retarded. They put on their hazzards, and go like 10 mph. Scary, when you are cruisin at 60 or so because of rainx windows and high performance tires...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Kinda sad to hear about New England not getting any winter weather. When I was a kid living in Maine and Massachusetts, we had to walk 5 miles to and from school 5 months through snow drifts 10 feet high!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mine was way worse last night I took a couple pics but it was 1am and by the time I got up and most of it had melted...

Glad to see some other austinites here!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=raiderms3 link=topic=67224.msg1154958#msg1154958 date=1169079866]
Out here, rain makes people retarded. They put on their hazzards, and go like 10 mph. Scary, when you are cruisin at 60 or so because of rainx windows and high performance tires...
[/quote]

funny....same thing here. it rains a little and people drive 80 in a 100 zone. but 2 feet of snow, welll..that is just an excuse to drive faster because well, you have snow tires on the car....logical.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey Sean,
That is MY car!! :) :)

I am so glad mine slept in the garage and will remain there until this weekend! My neighbor's brand new Lexus and Pathfinder had 1" of ice all around the cars this morning(they were outside)! It took him 1 hour just to "de-ice" one car

It's been crazy here and I was told when I moved here that I'd barely use the fireplace!

Drive safe y'all
Carlos

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[quote author=Pololo_MS3 link=topic=67224.msg1155978#msg1155978 date=1169140650]
Hey Sean,
That is MY car!! :) :)

I am so glad mine slept in the garage and will remain there until this weekend! My neighbor's brand new Lexus and Pathfinder had 1" of ice all around the cars this morning(they were outside)! It took him 1 hour just to "de-ice" one car

It's been crazy here and I was told when I moved here that I'd barely use the fireplace!

Drive safe y'all
Carlos
[/quote]

I thought that might be your car. Looks like I was wrong. Initially, I thought that two CB MS3's couldn't be in the same space without violating the laws of physics or least metaphysics.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote author=Nymisus link=topic=67224.msg1155563#msg1155563 date=1169103416]
Mine was way worse last night I took a couple pics but it was 1am and by the time I got up and most of it had melted...

Glad to see some other austinites here!!
[/quote]

Yeah, 3 is enough to start talking about setting up an MS3 meetup & drive. :csweeney:

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
The snow is here in the NJ area.....so do you notice a natural increase in boost or 'but dyno' in lower temps as does happen with FI cars in colder weather?

·
Registered
37 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=67224.msg1155057#msg1155057 date=1169084073]
Its been frozen for a week here in Seattle area
Lots of snow too!
[/quote]

Hmm, I think I need a definition of "lots"

1 - 20 of 52 Posts