Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
I am running 3 amps off of the same remote turn on wire, occasionally (about 1-10 starts) one or 2 amps will fail to turn on after I start my engine. Turning the key to the off position and restarting the car makes all the amps turn on again. Something that I think seems related is that if I try to turn on my fogs, and the hids at the same time one of the headlights bulbs will fail to ignite. If I turn on the headlights first and then the fogs then I never have the problem.
Does my stock battery appear to be the culprit? not enough current to start everything? Once everything is on I have never had anything cut out on me.
Andrew

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
1. What are you using as the remote turn-on lead? Cigarette lighter? Something from the headunit?

2. Sounds more like a bad ground than a bad battery, but hard to say for sure.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah, its been a while since I installed everything, I tapped the remote turn on lead into the ignition wire I believe.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
[quote author=d3n13d link=topic=139390.msg3004444#msg3004444 date=1237481432]
ah, its been a while since I installed everything, I tapped the remote turn on lead into the ignition wire I believe.
[/quote]

Well there's your problem... that's not a good choice. Try using the cigarette lighter power for your remote turn-on. Ignition seems pretty iffy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the day off today, I think I"ll go ahead and move the wire, do you think the headlight problem is at all related to the stereo problem?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
I wouldn't get your hopes up about it fixing the headlight problem, but it will almost certianly fix the amp turn-on issue. It's possible though... tapping an ignition wire and pulling more current from such an important, sensitive source-- no matter how little-- just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts