Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in a bid trouble do some one know how to remove the front numberplate holder. Do i have to take the bumper off. Some one got some pictures how to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i screwed the numberplate of but than i have to take some unit of it, the screws are behind the bumper so i realy dont know how many they are thats the problome

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
every front plate holder i've seen is held on with 2 philips screws into the bumper or fascia (from the front of the holder)
can you take a picture? are you sure the screws are not covered with tape or a label or something?
these are installed at the usually dealership and i doubt they would require removal of the bumper.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
in europe (and apparently iceland) they call license plates "number plates".

i just realized that they use probably use the short and wide style plate, so it might be mounted differently than we are used to seeing.

if you mean the black plastic fascia strip along the top of the lower grill, that is not meant to come off.

·
Registered
778 Posts
[quote author=i love jdm hoes link=topic=138176.msg2978959#msg2978959 date=1236309424]
Wtf is a number plate?
[/quote]
noob :p

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
me too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeahh i can take some photos, it will be in here today i will post a photo tonight all right.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The guy probably has a mazda 3 MPS (as i do :lol: ) .
Is what you call mazdaspeed 3 , but here in Europe (and Australia is called MPS) but you already know that.
But even if it s not an MPS the difference in licence plates or number plates is what someone mentioned a couple of posts before.

we have long and more narrow plates , you have short and wide.

So you can not unscrew anything as there are no screws in the fascia. the are screwed in a kind of backwards behind the bumper, so only if you remove the bumper you can remove the piece that holds the plates, but even then there will be holes in the bumper.
I dont know if this will be nice afterall

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
yeah, he'll prolly have 2 holes (like I do, but further apart), and he can use bumper plugs or something to cover them.
there's lots of diy options, like a plug or cap from the hardware store and touch-up paint.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HAHA damn dude i took it of and it is not only 2 big hole it is 4 big holes haha and 4 small ones

1 - 15 of 15 Posts