Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hihi... spontaneously took some shots of the car whilst twiddling my thumbs waiting. you guys can hence have a small preview - although mods are pending when and if they become available. :D 8)

oops! forgot to take the piccie of the back tail lights... :?

(i'm not sure if i should actually post here in australia but since we have been bugging each other here for a while - lets start it off here before it gets moved) :?:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Very nice. Love the leather. It goes really well with the grey interior. :)

I see what you mean about the big plastic number plate thing. I don't think I have that on my car. Maybe the dealer took it off for me.

How long do you think it'll take to get to your first 1000km service?

M

·
0 Posts
lurve the leather mate!!!

makes me think i shoulda got it to!!! ( bt i'm a smoker, so it'll go to waste)

Nice ride..

Keep it clean...

·
Registered
650 Posts
mb - I've quit smoking in the car because I can't face losing the new car smell. I'll probably have more road rage :twisted: and start wearing nicotine patches while driving. :shock:

lol

M

·
0 Posts
steve-o : ahhahahha.. You quit smoking just for the new car smell???? Thats dedication dude!!!!! :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hey, only when I am driving the MZ3. I'll smoke like the back of a Bondi bus when I'm outside the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
swweeeeeeeet stuff olorin.. looks gorgeous!!!

The leather definetely makes it look extremely classy.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks all! :D the seat leather is really, really nice 8)

as mentioned elsewhere i shall look carefully at and highly likely take off that chunky plastic backing for the plate. if only i can get a nice holder like your own car steve-o - but these are european plates so its a little more difficult.

steve-o: um... very soon to reach that 1000k service? ;) not this weekend, but most likely by late feb - its just so tempting to drive around... i managed to acquire 120k during that late late night run the other night :twisted:

·
Registered
250 Posts
oloris

Hi oloris,
Im buying a Blue sp23 (sedan) with wing etc...

Mazda Australia doesn't seem to have leather seats as an option. How did you get leather seats or did you get them done elsewhere? If so could you tell me where and how much it cost you ?

Does anyone know why it is so hard to get an sp23 with a sunroof or moonroof. Mazda Australia wont do it, because they say that the Australian model has an extra 2 bars across the roof for beter protection or whatever crap they said to me (excuses) I want a bloody sunroof.

Can someone help me decide (Winning blue or Stratos blue)

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: oloris

mazda3Stratos said:
Hi oloris,

Mazda Australia doesn't seem to have leather seats as an option. How did you get leather seats or did you get them done elsewhere? If so could you tell me where and how much it cost you ?

Does anyone know why it is so hard to get an sp23 with a sunroof or moonroof. Mazda Australia wont do it, because they say that the Australian model has an extra 2 bars across the roof for beter protection or whatever crap they said to me (excuses) I want a bloody sunroof.

Thanks for your help
The seats are aftermarket...just like the sunroof would have to be :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

firstly, congratulations mazda3stratos! looking at all the pics from the site, the hatch in blue looks absolutely stunning! can't help you with your decision - you are the one having to clean and look at the car all the time - but if i were getting the hatch it would have to be winning blue... hrm or velocity red :lol: . :)

no idea why mazda do not offer leather as an option here when its offered in the states. they gave me some pithy excuse about the "higher safety standards required in australian cars" and hence the inclusion of side airbags. initially they said that they could not guarantee that these side airbags would open with aftermarket leather (so why not include it as an option like usa?!? i have no idea). :evil: but i prodded them to put leather in my car (and categorically stated i cared not for the side airbags, just put the leather in) and they sent it to some place called doyles. the whole deal was included with the car price, and covered by the dealer warranty + leather place warranty. in the end they managed to keep the zips for the side airbags so that they will inflate... figures... silly dealers :mad:

as for sunroof - heard the same reason - we have extra roof supports to meet australian safety standards (which are stricter than north america - who cares!) and because of this some people have to sign waivers in order to get aftermarket sun/moonroofs placed, as they will neccessitate the removal of these extra supports.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I looked at leather and the guy knew his stuff, cost $2,500 and you can retain the side airbags and the sunroof is about the same price with a waiver you have to sign.

Its a pity those buying the first shipment of Mazda 3's into Australia are buying an '03 build which essentially makes the car 1 year old when you go to resell it. I waited for an '04 January build.

·
Registered
184 Posts
fiordland said:
Its a pity those buying the first shipment of Mazda 3's into Australia are buying an '03 build which essentially makes the car 1 year old when you go to resell it. I waited for an '04 January build.
That doesn't make any sense at all. There is no 2003.5 MZ3, unless you really want to argue a Dec 03 MZ3 belongs to 2003! But that's not how it works in car business. Every manufacturer rolls out next year model earlier.

And when you buy a used car, or resell your MZ3 in the future, the year is clearly written on your car title/certificate, which will be 2004, regardless of first shipment or not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
mounty is correct, if a car has a build date of 12.2003 (under mat) and a compliance plate of 01.2004 (under hood) that is classed by red book as a 2004 model.

eg, my satria GTI was built in nov 2000 but plated in feb 2001. my car was sold to a dealer as a 2001 model..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts