Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey:

Car is one year old, 25k miles. I have an oil leak on the passenger side that I noticed during the last oil change.

The coating on the steering wheel is peeling off like electrical tape.

Just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues and what their experience has been with the dealer regarding getting them fixed.

I will also soon be on my fourth windshield. The first was taken out by a stone but the others have just cracked.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I believe there is a TSB about the oil pan gasket which causes leaks. Dunno about the steering wheel, they might cover it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
invest in a windshield sun screen and some 303 aerospace protectant. Even then I wouldn't think it would peel after only a year unless you leave your car in the desert.

·
Registered
723 Posts
what part of your seat? my drivers seatback rocks back and forth like theres play in the reclining latch. last time i took it in, they torqued down the mount bolts but it didn't fix the issue completely.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i just looked on my shop computer and there is a tsb about the stitching comming out of the steering whell but nothing about the "cover" comming off. Maybe they can classify this under the same TSB or not......hope this helps

·
Registered
638 Posts
[quote author=Strizzo link=topic=138723.msg2990591#msg2990591 date=1236888336]
what part of your seat? my drivers seatback rocks back and forth like theres play in the reclining latch. last time i took it in, they torqued down the mount bolts but it didn't fix the issue completely.
[/quote]

Both of my seats do this, I always figured it was normal since its not bad and you don't really notice it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
[quote author=Strizzo link=topic=138723.msg2990591#msg2990591 date=1236888336]
[/quote]

It was the seat bottom. For some reason the threads were coming apart. I'm not a big guy, and don't drag my ass in and out of the car so I have no clue why this is happening.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a leaking oil problem with my ms3 as well. I found the solution to be a new O-ring for the oil filter. Upon further investigation of the original O-ring i found that if it's not lined up well, it will sometimes get caught on the threads and over time compress itself. then it gets cold outside, it shrinks a tiny bit more and you leak about an ounce of oil overnight. this might've just happened to me though, but if the oil leak is coming from your oil filter give this a shot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts