Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for my first oil change. I have deiced to use “Castrol SYNTEC BLEND 5w-20”. But I have no ideal what kind oil filter I should use. Any one can tell me what brand and model is the best to use with the Mazda3? Where I can find it? or should I just go dealer and get one? And do you think “Castrol SYNTEC BLEND 5w-20” is a good choice? Thank you. :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
ikayaki said:
It's time for my first oil change...But I have no ideal what kind oil filter I should use. Any one can tell me what brand and model is the best to use with the Mazda3? Where I can find it? or should I just go dealer and get one? And do you think “Castrol SYNTEC BLEND 5w-20” is a good choice? Thank you. :lol:
First, the MZ3 uses a filter cartridge, which is different than a normal oil filter. You might not be able to find one at Pep Boys or your local auto parts store. You should be able to get one from your dealer though.

Just make sure the oil you use is the kind specified in the owner's manual, and you'll be fine. :) I don't have experience with Castrol Syntec, but I've been very happy using Mobil 1 in my Miata for quite some time. I prefer synthetic; from there I wouldn't be too concerned about which brand to use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts