Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been unable to find technical info, on the service interval for the Bosch 3330 Oil Filter.

How many miles is this filter good for?

I am using synthetic oil, and wondering about having this filter on for 7500 miles.

PS. My engine is older but in great shape, no oil burning or leakage issues.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have 185,000 miles on my MZ3 and typically change the oil at 7,500 miles. You're fine.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I typically use a Wix filter.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
110 Posts
Your interval should be based on Mazda recommended oil change interval and not what the filter manufacturer suggests

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your interval should be based on Mazda recommended oil change interval and not what the filter manufacturer suggests
I don´t agree with that 100 percent. Especially once the car is more than 10 years old. The world changes. Filters become different, oil improves, I am interested in what the makers have to say.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
110 Posts
I don´t agree with that 100 percent. Especially once the car is more than 10 years old. The world changes. Filters become different, oil improves, I am interested in what the makers have to say.
I dont dis agree with what you say. True ... oil properties has moved from mineral base to ester bases synthetics and much better lubrication. True ...filter manufacturers have upped they game and increased the filter medium and efficacy of their product. I doubt an oil manufacturer and a filter manufacturer does extensive testing of their products on all and every car /truck model & engine produced every year . Each car manufacturer does that ... so stick to the Mazda interval. Its a guide to keeping your engine running better longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts