Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im at 41000k and this is going to be my first oil change. Should i go to like pepboys or have mazda dealers do the oil change? What are the cons and pro with them?

Also I notice that my steering is very light when im driving in highway (60-65 m/hr), is that normal or should i get it checked? Cuz it seems dangerous to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote author=sol0rawr link=topic=135634.msg2920028#msg2920028 date=1234040379]
Ok im at 41000k and this is going to be my first oil change. Should i go to like pepboys or have mazda dealers do the oil change? What are the cons and pro with them?

Also I notice that my steering is very light when im driving in highway (60-65 m/hr), is that normal or should i get it checked? Cuz it seems dangerous to me.
[/quote]

41,000??? :shock:

Are you sure you don't mean 4,100 instead?

I would go to a Mazda dealer before anywhere else because they know the 3 better than anyone else. Use synthetic oil if cost isn't an issue. The steering on our 3 is very responsive, so it sounds normal, but the techs at the dealer could take it for a spin if you wanted it checked out.

·
Registered
753 Posts
[quote author=sol0rawr link=topic=135634.msg2920028#msg2920028 date=1234040379]

[/quote]

I'd have more confidence in the Mazda dealer than any other random place.

The Mazda3 has speed sensitive power steering, so the steering should feel much heavier at highway speeds than at lower speeds. It sounds like there's something wrong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i bought it used, so 41000k is correct.

and we have 2 contradicting replies here...hmmm...anyone else could help me out here, so i could get a better idea of what im gonna do next?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
"Very light" steering is a subjective term; what may be "light" steering for you may be "heavy" for me. I'd have the dealer check it out if you're worried about it, there's really no way a bunch of people on the Internet will be able to definitively tell you if your steering is "normal" or not.

·
Registered
753 Posts
One thing I have noticed is that, until the car is fully warmed up, the steering feels lighter when it's cold out, even on the highway. It still gets heavier as speed increases, but it really doesn't feel good and firm on the highway until I've been driving a bit. I wonder if it would stay that way if I weren't using a winterfront?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts