Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite for all you US peeps out there, I was surfing some other mazda3 forum, actually Mazdaworld.org forums, but int he mazda3 section and i found something horrific...these are the things we WONT be getting in the US...can anyone tell me its not true...im genuinely afraid to look...and a bit lazy ;) but thats besides hte point...here is the list:

Here is the list of Mazda3 features that US market DON'T get (not even optional):

- automatic-climate controls
- DSC electronic stability and TSC traction control
- intelligent light control system
- headlight washers
- rain-sensing intermittent wipers
- aerotwin wipers
- 5-door LED taillight
- driving information center
- ambient temperature gauge
- central rear headrest and rear armrest
- two tones BP7/BP8 upholstery

·
Registered
984 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
Alrite for all you US peeps out there, I was surfing some other mazda3 forum, actually Mazdaworld.org forums, but int he mazda3 section and i found something horrific...these are the things we WONT be getting in the US...can anyone tell me its not true...im genuinely afraid to look...and a bit lazy ;) but thats besides hte point...here is the list:

Here is the list of Mazda3 features that US market DON'T get (not even optional):

- headlight washers
- aerotwin wipers
- 5-door LED taillight
That would be correct except we are getting the two tone cloth upholstery.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
So what's the big deal? NA buyers don't appreciate small cars, so why the surprise? FYI, I'd rather have a 3 w/DSC and all those Euro goodies than a midsize with almost all those goodies, but that's just me, a guy that LOVES small cars and thinks anything larger than a 6 should be outlawed :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think the difference is the design of the two tone. I noticed some pictures the blue pattern is different and so is the red. That may be the reason for the different color codes.

·
Registered
272 Posts
OK, this original list of missing features in US that funkyfreshmonke forward was posted by me on the other board.

Just to clarify, US and CA are getting the two tones BP5/BP6 upholstery. The pattern is black on the side and black with dot blue or red in the middle. http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brunoluong/vwp?.dir=/Interior&.dnm=BP5.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

The cool and upscale BP7/BP8 (NOT AVAILABLE in US/CA) is black in the middle with blue or red strips on the side
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brunoluong/vwp?.dir=/Interior&.dnm=BP7.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think I like the US version anyways.

·
Registered
19 Posts

- headlight washers
- aerotwin wipers
- 5-door LED taillight
Something about this from a european owner:
DSC/TSC is a vgood thing with the 2000cc i have (DSC light flashed more than once already ...) but i guess this is because we have a lot more bumpy and curvy roads than US drivers.
Info center is a decent thing as well: at least I can tell you that you can dream on about those 8/9 (litres per 100km) someone posted somewhere else (it's a lot more like 11/9 and I'm not a fast driver at all).
All the other goodies (offered by default on the 2000cc european + xenon lights) taken together can possibly justify the orrendous mark-up we have on the european price tag.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
bluong1 said:
OK, this original list of missing features in US that funkyfreshmonke forward was posted by me on the other board.

Just to clarify, US and CA are getting the two tones BP5/BP6 upholstery. The pattern is black on the side and black with dot blue or red in the middle. http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brunoluong/vwp?.dir=/Interior&.dnm=BP5.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

The cool and upscale BP7/BP8 (NOT AVAILABLE in US/CA) is black in the middle with blue or red strips on the side
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brunoluong/vwp?.dir=/Interior&.dnm=BP7.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t
I see you "gave in" and joined the forum :)

Should I tell everyone who you are:?: :wink:

·
Registered
93 Posts
bluong1 said:

Thanks for clarifying this... and thank mazda for giving us in the US/CA the cool ones, I think the striped ones are fugly

·
Registered
65 Posts
TwEAK said:
I like the BP5/6 pattern but only if they had pattern the doors too, like the BP7/8. That would be cool.
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that the door inserts are gonna be black. A little color around the edges keeps the inside of the car from looking too drab. Although I do like the fabric pattern of the BP5/6 better than the striped pattern of the BP7/8. And people who wanted black cloth in their 3 s/GT don't have much to complain about.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was looking at the list of features that the U.S. won't get and was wondering what is the intelligent light control system?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Well, there are some accessories listed in the USA brochure, which, if you haven't seen it yet, is on the Mazda3 USA site. They are these colored trim things for the doors, that look kinda neet.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was looking at the list of features that the U.S. won't get and was wondering what is the intelligent light control system?
The car will have the light sensor or the headlights will turn on/off automatically depends on the lighting condition (go through a tunnel, night time, etc...)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts