Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Does anyone make new bushings for the 3? I've only heard of guys using some form a focus.

What do you mean when you say offset? The center of the bushing is offset?

·
Registered
435 Posts
[quote author=mazdaman35 link=topic=136424.msg2939899#msg2939899 date=1234787817]
Does anyone make new bushings for the 3? I've only heard of guys using some form a focus.

What do you mean when you say offset? The center of the bushing is offset?

[/quote]

hard race is coming out with a set of bushings to replace the stock mushy ones......in the past this was the first mod i did to my cars and its incredible to feel you get from better bushings.

the off set he refers to is in the rear mount for the front control arm it will push the back mounting point closer to the side of the car moving the tire more forward creating increased caster............more front caster improves turn in camber meaning you can run less static camber and reduce tire wear.

hey tiger mack. try to get into contact with whiteline. this is who made the caster bushings for us in the FWD sr20 community.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My suspension guy has had a chat with the Whiteline tech division (and several other companies) and no one is making this bush and even thinking about making this bush for the 3 here in Aus.

Another option he mentioned for additional caster was to extend/shorten the bracket that attaches that bush/arm to the chassis, moving the position of the bolt hole to gain extra caster.

But he also said that he could make a poly one and/or adapt the Focus poly bush relatively easy within a few days if I supply him the A-arms. Just need to order the Focus poly bushing kit now and have it shipped over.

Which ever way I go, I'll detail the specs and/or have a few kits made up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts