Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
you aren't going to get a lot of responses here... or at least not quite yet.

My buddy got his evo at 6am this morning.

Along with 4 others for his friends on his family plan. He rooted all 5 of them within the hour of getting home :-D

More to come later :-D

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Dont let the 1.5 update apply, you have to be 1.32 to root.

As soon as EVO's are getting activated today they are getting the option to install an update, this update squashed the current root method :(

I love my EVO, but I have to go back to sprint tomorrow as the bastards screwed me over and lied to me on some shit so I have to go return the phone cancel a contract and repurchase the phone, big mess that was reported to Sprint corporate for this store doing some deceptive business practice bullshit. But I will get it all straightened out in the morning.

·
Moderator of donks
32,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still 1.32, even though right after we activated it, it said it was downloading an update.

I basically got the last one left in my city. I didn't pre-order and just called up a Rat Shack that's in a more ghetto part of town and sure enough they had one left. Went straight there this morning and they were being dicks saying you had to buy an accessory or they wouldn't sell you the phone. Of course I knew that is bullshit, but I just bought it anyway because I knew I could just return it later :lol:. Idiots.

Phone is sick though. I kinda wish the back was a little more sticky. And the batt cover seems kinda flimsy and doesn't fit real tight around the seams.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, kind of disappointing that it doesn't come with much other than the phone. Then again, the price is ultimately quite good for what you get.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Hows the service on Sprint? Mainly the 4G......

I'll be getting my own plan when I go to Detroit for college instead of being on my parents. Wondering how it is in service is there.

·
Moderator of donks
32,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I tried the Sprint silicone case. In a word, it was TERRIBLE. Thick, loose fitting, and slippery. I promptly returned it and the guy suggested the Body Glove case. Amazingly it's thinner than the silicone case, fits perfectly and is wonderfully grippy. It's the first case I've ever had that I have no complaints about. Seriously, it's pretty much perfect.

http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/06/review-body-glove-case-for-htc-evo-4g.html

The only thing that concerns me is that when the official EVO car dock is released, it won't work with it. :(

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
I really like my BodyGlove case. Only concern is the thin plastic piece by the volume controls, feel like its gonna snap at some point.

I bought an invishield for it too..not terribly happy with it as I feel it reduces the sensitivity of the screen more than others I'ved used, and its kind of got a sticky texture to it. but oh well..

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
I got to play with the Evo phone on Friday and wow! I would definitely would have considered switching, but its very unfortunate that Sprint is crap in my area and not to mention no 4G here yet.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts