Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its about Damn time. I couldn't live without watching basketball so I've resorted to college for the past few weeks, but it aint the good ol NBA!

Its not 'official' yet, but the big dogs have basically set up a "tentative agreement" to start training camps on Dec 9 and have the first three games of the season on Christmas Day!
Bulls @ Lakers, Heat @ Mavericks, Celtics @ Knicks

Hows that for a great gift for NBA fans?!! Took em long enough, but hey, a 66-game season is much better than a 0-game season :)

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Re: Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Discussion- LOCKOUT kinda OVER!!!!!!

Seriously, I just put my wallet through the hurt when I bought a TV on black friday.

I think there'll be plenty of breakout performances with some of star players playing oversea.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Wut? I thought durant, d-williams, etc.. just went overseas for the time being. you know, until the lockout was finished....

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

[quote author=Hindu-Dini link=topic=201187.msg4153259#msg4153259 date=1322458684]
Wut? I thought durant, d-williams, etc.. just went overseas for the time being. you know, until the lockout was finished....
[/quote]

You sure they signed contracts that will let them leave as soon as the lockout ends? I haven't been following.

·
Registered
374 Posts

Though the season is not %100 official, I have little doubt this will fall through. As a Celtics fan, I may have missed Garnett's, Pierce's and Allens last year.........That would have been roughhhh

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

[quote author=SR20DETtoMS3 link=topic=201187.msg4155214#msg4155214 date=1322752516]
Though the season is not %100 official, I have little doubt this will fall through. As a Celtics fan, I may have missed Garnett's, Pierce's and Allens last year.........That would have been roughhhh
[/quote]

I'm excited to see what Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Kobe Byrant will do this season. With the extra rest from competition and a slightly shorter regularly season. I am glad those three didn't try to play overseas. Great players, but they need the rest.

I'm not including Ray Allen in this discussion. I don't care if he's 35 or what not. He's like Roger Federer, ageless and smooth as silk.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Ray Allen's the only reason I like the C's. lol jk, Rondos great too, but he's not a player that could carry the franchise once those three are gone.

I guess it would kinda make sense to pursue another, more prolific, point guard but thats still a slap in the face to Rondo....

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

[quote author=Hindu-Dini link=topic=201187.msg4155610#msg4155610 date=1322796365]
Ray Allen's the only reason I like the C's. lol jk, Rondos great too, but he's not a player that could carry the franchise once those three are gone.

I guess it would kinda make sense to pursue another, more prolific, point guard but thats still a slap in the face to Rondo....
[/quote]

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but if Dwayne Wade didn't injure Rondo, I really think Celtics would have beaten the Heat.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I wanted to think that, but the reality was the Heat showed up and hit big shots. I didn't see Lebron after that, but I'll admit, I saw him for sure vs the Celtics....

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

Lakers get Chris Paul
Rockets get Pau Gasol
Hornets get Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, Goran Dragic, Luis Scola

Good job on Lakers trading away two guys that did squat in the playoffs.

I think the winner here is the Rockets, considering Yao Ming retired. With Kevin McHale coaching, maybe Pau Gasol won't be as soft as a pillow anymore?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

Trade just got cockblocked!!! :)
It better not go down

Howard wants to go to the Nets.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

I feel bad for Brandon Roy, having to retired because of knee problems.

I called it when he came back too early from meniscus surgery to play a meaningless playoff series...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

Tyson Chandler to the Knicks and Vince Carter is a Mavs. Shane Battier a Heat.
Bulls trying to sign Hamilton. I'd like to see a Pistons reunion of Billups.

Lamar Odom to the Mavs :shock:

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Clippers get Chris Paul

Hornets get Eric Gordon(wtf why?!), Chris Kaman, and Al-Farouq Aminu.

In my eyes, this is a horrible trade for the Clippers. They gave up so much to get Chris Paul. Also, what are they going to do now with Chauncey Billups and Chris Paul? Chanuncey Billups doesn't need to come off the bench yet, and he's no backup to anyone even at this point of his career.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=201187.msg4161169#msg4161169 date=1323912945]
Maybe they can play a 2 small guard...?
[/quote]

But neither of them are combo guards, they're both point guards, as traditional as they come too.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts