Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been well discussed...I didn't find any recent posting on the subject...I had trouble locating some of the vendors suggested in older threads.

What is the best/cheapest place to pick up a rear wing OEM style wing spoiler for a sedan? I see several vendors on Ebay in the $105-120 range. Any vendors to avoid?

Also, if anyone has installed one themselves is it for a beginner? I have no bodywork experience whatsoever and would be a little intimidated to drill holes in trunk lid! I figured maybe I'd get a local bodyshop to slap it on for me if they would do it cheap enough!

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
I've never seen anyone complain about those OEM style sedan wings from eBay. Most are surprised by the quality, fit, shipping... you should have nothing to worry about if the seller has a lot of positive feedback already.

They come with a template, so as long as you are careful about measuring where the holes go, it'll be easy to do a professional-quality install yourself.

·
Registered
148 Posts
For what it's worth, I was going back and forth on this issue with my old car (a 1999 Olds Intrigue) just after i bought it years ago. I was looking at a spoiler from www.spoilerdepot.com but I ended up going to a reputable bodyshop in my town and they charged me $400 for the parts, paint, and installation.

I think I'd try an eBay one the next time around...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow thanks for the links! I never thought about looking on amazon!

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
Not sure why this got bumped but:
Im a 'beginner' and I installed my ebay spoiler (60$). Looks perfect. Very happy.
I recommend 'spoilerandwingking' (ebay user)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I ignored my own thread for so long... Yea I bought off ebay too. (can't recall the vendor) and it came in perfect condition. The paint matched as well as my untrained eye could see. Installation instructions where not that great, but they don't really need to be. I was really hesitant to drill, but after I had checked my template 10 times (they give you these plastic tabs you tape down to the trunk) or more I just said "F" it and went for it. I put a little rustoleum metal primer on the holes using a Qtip and bolted down. You'd never know it wasn't original.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts