Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. I just bought an '06 Hatch with the Clarion 6-disc CD changer. I wanted satellite and a way to play my iPod, so I settled for the OEM Sirius kit off eBay (from the same guy that several members of the boards had previously bought from) and an Auxmod Basic.

Anyway, I waited to install everything at once, got everything connected and ran into a problem. When I hit the Media button, the Auxmod works perfectly. When I hit the Sat button, nothing. I triple-checked both ends of the cable from the HU to the DLP, checked for bent pins or broken wires, and everything looks perfect. I didn't figure that it would cause this problem, but I even verified that the antenna cable is securely connected.

I have seen other posts that stated that the Auxmod works fine with the OEM Sirius tuner and I hate to point fingers, but I wanted to get a second opinion before I rip out the Auxmod just to make sure. Thoughts anyone? I want to make sure I have explored all of the options before going back to the seller of the Sirius unit complaining of a DOA unit.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
i dont see any reason why AUXmod wouldnt work with it. but if you have the oem sirus kit, that shouldnt need the auxmod right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry - I should have updated the thread :)

I'm running the OEM Sirius tuner to get sat. radio and using the AuxMod for my iPod.

My to my dismay, I actually did pull the AuxMod and test again and didn't get any better results. I had to be really careful to not destroy the foam on the double-sided tape so that I could re-mount it with any level of confidence that it would stick.

I have also run the button diagnostics on the radio to ensure that the Sat button is working properly (at least as far as that test is concerned).

There is only one thing that I haven't explored. When playing around with the radio buttons trying to get the trip computer to come on, I was able to get a display that said "Ant Off" related to the satellite antenna (the Sirius tuner is not currently connected). I'm not sure if I got this because the tuner wasn't connected or if there's some button combination I have to press to "activate" the satellite function after it's connected. I haven't read anyone else's installs requiring this step so I didn't think it was necessary.

I'm trying to do due diligence before sending this unit back (which is why I'm posting on here), but I think I'm all out of ideas!

Thanks for the replies and assistance so far . . .

-Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts