Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very specific question. I have a CDN 07 MZ3 GT 5spd, I'm having the factory remote start installed soon. I was also planning on getting a 3rd key. I know there is a kit at onlinemazdaparts for a flip key with the lock/unlock/alarm buttons. Is there a flip key that incorporates the OEM remote start into a flip key?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I've looked for and asked several online Mazda part stores many times. All have come back negative :(

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I don't think any Mazda has ever come with a factory remote start system. Also, my understanding is that all of Mazda's remote start kits are actually just rebadged 3rd party systems, so I doubt Mazda would ever go to the trouble of designing and manufacturing a flip key specifically for remote start.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=135002.msg2904857#msg2904857 date=1233523981]
My fob as Mazda on it so they did go to the trouble to brand the fob.

[/quote]

Right, but I think they just added the Mazda logo...I'm not having much luck digging it up, but there's a thread on M3F that explains which 3rd-party remote start system is the same one Mazda's selling, and how it's actually cheaper to buy the non-Mazda-branded version. I bet if you put the two remotes side by side, they'd look the same (except for the Mazda logo).

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's probably a Ford one. *shudders* The installer at the visions by my house said it's just a re-branded Ford one, it hooks up the exact same way and so forth.

I doubt you could get the one you're talking about for 1/4 of the price I paid for mine... $120 shipped FTW!!

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=antichrysler link=topic=135002.msg2906101#msg2906101 date=1233591909]
It's probably a Ford one. *shudders* The installer at the visions by my house said it's just a re-branded Ford one, it hooks up the exact same way and so forth.

I doubt you could get the one you're talking about for 1/4 of the price I paid for mine... $120 shipped FTW!!
[/quote]

Here's a wakeup call for you then: So is your car's engine.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the exact same question as the OP. I just got my 3 last night with dealer installed remote start. They gave me two key fobs with integrated remote start (4 buttons total: lock, unlock, start, and (!) for panic).

I saw in the user's manual a picture of the flip key fob and want one (with remote start)... so anyone with an update on this - I'd appreciate it very much!

Also, in regards to the remote starter... do you guys have a small black box with two antennas sticking out of it installed on your windsheild? I was not expecting this to be part of the remote starter, and it doesn't really bother me, but just curious if this is what everyone else has.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=ecnelov link=topic=135002.msg2909038#msg2909038 date=1233681780]
Also, in regards to the remote starter... do you guys have a small black box with two antennas sticking out of it installed on your windsheild? I was not expecting this to be part of the remote starter, and it doesn't really bother me, but just curious if this is what everyone else has.
[/quote]

I get mine put in next week on Wednesday. All previous cars I've had have had this type of receiver. As far as relocating it goes I would imagine would be pretty easy, just a matter of extending a few wires and suctioning it somewhere else. Alternatively you could just cut it off and then have the same 10' of range as the factory door locks :banana:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Mazda doesn't make flip-keys with integrated remote start. I think they may have Advanced Keyless Entry systems with remote start, but they have the card-based remote.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've heard of people swapping the US receiver for a CDN and then you're good to go

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where can you get the flip key for $35???

·
Registered
25 Posts
[quote author=antichrysler link=topic=135002.msg2909146#msg2909146 date=1233683539]
I get mine put in next week on Wednesday. All previous cars I've had have had this type of receiver. As far as relocating it goes I would imagine would be pretty easy, just a matter of extending a few wires and suctioning it somewhere else. Alternatively you could just cut it off and then have the same 10' of range as the factory door locks :banana:
[/quote]

See that's the thing... the instructions say you need to hit the lock button and then within 5 seconds hit the start button to remote start the vehicle. Is this antenna just a range extender for the factory door locks/remote starter/panic button? Sorry for my ignorance - I've never had a remote starter before.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not sure if it uses the same frequency, but that's a good way of thinking about it. In an aftermarket remote start it it sends a signal to the power door locks to unlock. No interaction with the factory remote keyless entry.

The Mazda one probably does the same thing.

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=antichrysler link=topic=135002.msg2909560#msg2909560 date=1233690518]
[/quote]

I got it off an ebay seller. You could get it from me, I was actually going to put up a F/S thread later today. I'll have to see what shipping to the far north would be like :lol:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=135002.msg2909985#msg2909985 date=1233699765]
[quote author=antichrysler link=topic=135002.msg2909560#msg2909560 date=1233690518]
[/quote]

I got it off an ebay seller. You could get it from me, I was actually going to put up a F/S thread later today. I'll have to see what shipping to the far north would be like :lol:
[/quote]

Is that for an 07 CDN? If it is I'm very interested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts