Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm Jack from Switzerland, and I'm new here, very nice forum!! :D 8)

I have a Mazda 3 MPS (the "euro" name for the mazdaspeed3), black with leather & Bose pack, I love this car!! 8)

My first question: is it possible to buy the USA oem rear spoiler? the european version is smaller and not so nice :?
I wrote to mazda USA but no answer... any ideas?

Thanks!
Jack

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
yes it's possible. look in the sponsor section for ron tonkin mazda. they are a sponsor and should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
any pics of what it looks like?? i will trade you if its sunlight silver :)

so i gotta ask what do you like better your Mazda or your Lotus??

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
he has a speed so ur spoiler will do him no good because he wont have a 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts

Hey Jack,
Hi and welcome to the forums. I hope you will hang around and give us Westerners another perspective.
About your spoiler: I LOVE IT!!! Much more than the US spec MS3 and more than my own.
Since the beginning of the MS3 rumors/pictures, I've always thought that spoiler to be too gawdy looking.
I'd love have your look for my n/a '04. Seeing yours makes me want to get a euro spec MS3 spoiler!!
Why would you want to change it?

·
Registered
260 Posts
[quote author=SwissMPS link=topic=65929.msg1130623#msg1130623 date=1167821163]
Thanks guys for the answers!

Here we go, my stock rear spoiler (with 3rd brake light):

Other pics of my car there:
http://www.b-artworks.com/galleries/mazda_mps/Mazda 3 MPS.html

Sorry for the dirt, and yes the car has snow tyres and 7X17" rims.. damn winter :lol:
[/quote]

Thats a really steep hill :shock: :lol:!!

I think in the UK you can by the more aggressive styling pack including the rear spoiler that our American friends have as an option.

http://www.mazda.co.uk/Showroom/Mazda3/Mazda3-MPS/Specs/

Note the second price is with 'Sports Aero' Kit.

Check this out from the accesories page:

"Trunk storage shelf
provides extra storage possibilities."

Its a 'Boot' not a Trunk, Britain is not the 51st state yet! 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everybody!
thanks for the answers!
I'm thinking about changing it because I love the look of the USA OEM Spoiler, and mine seems too little..

One more question: does the USA spoiler have the place for the windscreen washer?

Cheers! 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=bzdel2441 link=topic=65929.msg1130160#msg1130160 date=1167791797]

so i gotta ask what do you like better your Mazda or your Lotus??
[/quote]

Nice question! Well... difficult to say..
The Lotus Elise was my dream since 1996 when it came out.. In fact mine is one of the first (nr. 172 built in 1996).
It only has 120hp, but wheights only 675kg, 0-100km/h takes 5.9seconds, and it has LOTS of grip with an incredible body, Spax coilovers and Yokohama A048 tyres. It has absolutely no optional and confort, only a CD player.. but it's lots of FUN :klavergreg:

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts