Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love the look of the OEM Speed grille and want it on my 3 S sedan...but I'm afraid they aren't the same size because of the differing shape of the Speeds bumper...Does anyone know if this is even possible? From what I've seen in pictures, the Speed grille isn't like the regular hatches, it's like the sedan and attaches to the front bumper not the hood...and it is secured with 2 screws that seem like they're in the same position as the screws that hold my grille on. I found a site where I can get OEM replacement parts [speed grille] for $46...so if it would fit I really want to get it.

Could one of the speed owners on the forums please measure the distance between the 2 screws holding your grille on so I can see if mine are the same distance apart? Also could you measure the distance from the bottom of the hood to the lower point of the grille area? THANKS!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I believe the shape of the bumper is slightly different so it will not fit (I'm not 100% sure so someone will have to chime in).

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
The OEM grill on a Mazdaspeed3 cannot be removed without cutting it off.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Yes it is.. the only way it can be removed is to literally cut it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts