Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new fog light cause i busted my old one in a accident. any help on how to install it would be great. thanks in advance.

godwin

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=mister_chua link=topic=65600.msg1123641#msg1123641 date=1167341243]
I just got a new fog light cause i busted my old one in a accident. any help on how to install it would be great. thanks in advance.

godwin
[/quote]

you'd have to take your bumper out to replace the fog unfortunately....

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
you can install and uninstall them w/o removing the bumper, its just a lot more work. are you trying to instal the fogs into the black housing, or the black housing and light onto the bumper?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=Oricle link=topic=65600.msg1123942#msg1123942 date=1167355703]
you can install and uninstall them w/o removing the bumper, its just a lot more work. are you trying to instal the fogs into the black housing, or the black housing and light onto the bumper?
[/quote]

the black housing and light onto the bumper. I was hoping I could do it w/out removing the bumper, but I knew in the back of my head I would have too to make it easier on my life. Thanks. would you guys point me in the right direction to remove my bumper in a quick fast way. thanks again

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
nah, you dont have to. ive removed and reinstalled them with the bumper on before. basically they have to snap into place (it takes a bit of work and alignment) then there are 2 bolts (or nuts) that hold the housing in place near the lamp, and one more bolt that mounts it on the bottom (on one of the plastic skid plates)

i cant find any diagrams in the service manual, so a verbal description is the best i can do.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=Oricle link=topic=65600.msg1124212#msg1124212 date=1167367760]
nah, you dont have to. ive removed and reinstalled them with the bumper on before. basically they have to snap into place (it takes a bit of work and alignment) then there are 2 bolts (or nuts) that hold the housing in place near the lamp, and one more bolt that mounts it on the bottom (on one of the plastic skid plates)

i cant find any diagrams in the service manual, so a verbal description is the best i can do.
[/quote]

oh sweet. well if its not too much of a trouble for you. i would be really greatful for the verbal description. all the help you guys gave me is great.

your friend

godwin

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
ok, is there a certain part that you are hung up on, or you just want to have an idea what to do before you get started?

i really cant explain much more to the install, its real basic. if you are hung up on something then i might be a bit more of a help. other than that, the basic install has been covered in my last post.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=Oricle link=topic=65600.msg1124289#msg1124289 date=1167373532]
ok, is there a certain part that you are hung up on, or you just want to have an idea what to do before you get started?

i really cant explain much more to the install, its real basic. if you are hung up on something then i might be a bit more of a help. other than that, the basic install has been covered in my last post.
[/quote]

alright. well im stuck on just how to get it started. im at work right now so i can't really take a good look at the hole where the fog light goes right now. but i looked at it earlier and i could probably snap it into place but how would i be able to screw the nuts and what not into place?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I think by just going through the fender wheel & the under guard & turning the wheel to the left or right...

that's how I took my fog light out...

kind of the same way you take out the Intake resonator or install a cold air intake....

either way... just make sure you have a flashlight ... those bolt take a while to get out...

get a socket wrench... much easier

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
i took mine out from under the car, i just removed the under tray and got to work. it was some what difficult to reach the lamps though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts