Mazda3 Forums banner

OEM 07's

3K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  ebhcr 
#1 ·
Since these ('07 stock wheels) have not really grown on me (which I thought they would :?), I'm looking to get the other 17" OEM wheels or RX-8 wheels (and tires to go along with them).

What I want to know is... does anyone actually like them? Is there a market for them? Is there a chance I could get some money back and actually sell these puppies?

The ones on ebay haven't seen a bid.

#4 ·
I'd like to know what people think about this as well. I'm thinking that people would be more interested in the tires (if they would like to stay with the stock Goodyears) than in the wheels themselves, so you might want to check what people are selling the RS-A's for online and add a few more $$ for 17" alloy rims thrown in. Or perhaps people who are on 16" rims looking for a cheaper upgrade to 17" alloys might be interested. Or maybe people who would like another set of rims for snow tires (snow tires on snowflake rims, what better combination?)

Don't everyone flood the market with the "snowflakes" now... at least not until I get mine sold first! :p

#5 ·
No thanks to the 2007 stock 17"s (snowflakes), they are really bad looking. I saw a set of the 2007 16"s stockers on a GS model here in Canada today and they look awesome! Way better than the snowflakes. If I got a 2007, I would trade down (size wise but better in looks) to get the 16"s.

#8 ·
[quote author=kendalf link=topic=65756.msg1126818#msg1126818 date=1167545462]
Or maybe people who would like another set of rims for snow tires (snow tires on snowflake rims, what better combination?)[/quote]

Yeah, doesn't snow for us does it? :lol:

#9 ·
[quote author=edrection link=topic=65756.msg1127060#msg1127060 date=1167582782]
they should have left the rims alone. The 04-06 17" stockers look much better.
[/quote]

Perhaps Mazda was trying to capture the look of the UK MX-5 Limited Edition wheels:

Too bad we didn't get those wheels.... I think thinner spokes could have helped. Maybe we can sell our wheels to British MZ3 owners who like the MX-5 Limited Edition wheels!

#13 ·
your best bet is people looking for winter wheels, as they generally don't car so much about the appearance of winter wheels, and they look better than steelies at least!

#15 ·
You know, I'm seeing these "snowflake" wheels on more and more vehicles. Here they are on the new BMW X5:

Perhaps this is the start of a new trend. Maybe I should hang on to my stock 07s in anticipation that these will soon become the new rage! :p

#17 ·
Here's another new car with split spoke "snowflakes", 9 spokes on this one - the new Toyota Blade:

I'm seriously seeing a trend here... :D

#20 ·
Well I don't have TPMS, which I think would be around $100. I don't know. Maybe I should put up a WTT or something, seeing as one of the guys selling MS6 wheels is asking a pretty crazy price, and the other one has yet to contact me (he may have decided to keep them).

Or I could always get them painted? What would look good on Black Mica?

#21 ·
Or we can keep hanging on to our wheels until demand starts to go up. Perhaps when other 07 owners start getting curb rashes and would like a replacement wheel?

And we can help stir up that demand by showing how so many new cars are coming out with the split spoke wheel. First Mazda, then BMW, then Toyota, now the next manufacturer to join the snowflake wheel trend: the Nissan Rogue

#22 ·
[quote author=ebhcr link=topic=65756.msg1150142#msg1150142 date=1168843462]
Well I don't have TPMS, which I think would be around $100. I don't know. Maybe I should put up a WTT or something, seeing as one of the guys selling MS6 wheels is asking a pretty crazy price, and the other one has yet to contact me (he may have decided to keep them).

Or I could always get them painted? What would look good on Black Mica?
[/quote]

I though all '07s had TPMS.

Andrew Beard

#26 ·
Look at the stems of your wheels. They should look a bit different than the regular all black stems. You should see some kind of metallic part attached with a nut to the stem.

Also, when you start your car, one of the indicator lights that come on for a few seconds is an exclamation mark inside of a "U" shape representing the section width of a tire. That's the light for the TPMS system. It should be inside your tachometer gauge pod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.