Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for informaton regarding original equipment wheel widths. Found nothing on Mazda's US site. Might be stamped onto the steel wheels (on the Sport) but you'd have to remove a wheel cover to see it.

And, in a related inquiry: are the Sport (steel) wheels the same width as the Touring (alloy) wheels?

Thanks in advance for your answers. Cheers!

"Rubaiyatu"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Skulking through my local dealer's lot this morning and came upon THE ANSWER:

The steel wheels on the Sport are stamped 15 x 6 J

Probably the alloys on the Touring are the same width ... it's a safe assumption ... but I'll keep looking to find hard PROOF of it.

(This is a vital piece of information to anyone who might autocross these cars in SCCA Stock catagory, which is why I'm researching it now. ^_^)

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(Up from the grave for this thread) Thank you, wrwaustralia, for your reply. Always cool to hear about how this car is spec'ed for other markets. Love the "Genki" name -- MazdaAustralia is savvy enough to go for the "otaku" market. We here in NA get the Neo and Max wheels only (for our Sport and Touring models, respectively). So, it's 15 x 6 for us in the US.

Still interested in what the offset of the 15 x 6 wheels is. No information so far. Any help?

Cheers, all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts