Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys noticed the shape of the floor mats.
i tried buying ones at Canadian Tire, and there are no generic all-season floor mats that come close to fitting in the 3.

i don't really want to buy oem mats, cuz they're expensive.
does anyone know an alternative?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
All US 3's come with floormats.

Weatherguard makes come nice floormats. They are deep for snow and gravel, and can be trimmed for fitment.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Autozone/Pepboys had floormats. Everything had to be cut to fit exactly but they work. In my case, I made one reverse so it would cover most of the left foot rest.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the ones at Canadian tire suck. there's no point of those mats if you have to cut off the edges that hold the water in.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i figure ill just spring for the mazda 3 winter mats, they are pretty good quality and obviously match the 3 so even tho they are pricey its probably worth it
....anyone have any suggestions of good seat covers? im going into a college program where im going to be dirty alot and driving other people so if i could protect the seats a bit that would be good!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I noticed the carpet in the Mazda3 is quite hard... the little spikey things on the bottom of the floor mats don't hold very well. The floor mats move all around on me. If it wasn't for that little hook on the drivers floor mat, I think it would've bunched up under my pedals and got me in an accident already.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
D said:
I noticed the carpet in the Mazda3 is quite hard... the little spikey things on the bottom of the floor mats don't hold very well. The floor mats move all around on me. If it wasn't for that little hook on the drivers floor mat, I think it would've bunched up under my pedals and got me in an accident already.
Know exactly what you mean. I don't have that little hook in my sport GT and the floor mats move all over the place. Now I have my winter mats so it's no problem but I'll have to find a solution for spring. I hate floor mats that can't stay in place.

·
Registered
481 Posts
M3-GT said:
D said:
Know exactly what you mean. I don't have that little hook in my sport GT and the floor mats move all over the place. Now I have my winter mats so it's no problem but I'll have to find a solution for spring. I hate floor mats that can't stay in place.
ya the stock mats dont grip into that carpet at all! its definitely a good thing that hook is there to hold the driver side mat... M3-GT yours didnt come with the hook? Or did u just take it off for the winter (as i did to fit my rubber mats)?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Slalom said:
M3-GT said:
D said:
ya the stock mats dont grip into that carpet at all! its definitely a good thing that hook is there to hold the driver side mat... M3-GT yours didnt come with the hook? Or did u just take it off for the winter (as i did to fit my rubber mats)?
Yours have a hook? :shock: Mine had none on the floor when I took delivery...... :evil:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yup.. supposed to come with a hook. What do you think the hole in the mat is meant for?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
D said:
Yup.. supposed to come with a hook. What do you think the hole in the mat is meant for?
Maybe to see when the floor of your car was totally corroded? :roll:

I knew it was for a hook but because all mats were BO when I received mine, my rep actually took a set from one of their demo. When I saw I had no hook I thought maybe it was only on the sedan version or something. Plus now it's winter and I have winter floor mats so I kinda forgot about that

·
Registered
984 Posts
Kind of a waste of time and gas to go back to the dealy for a hook, but its better than having your floormat curl and bunch up under the pedals.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Call the dealer to make sure they have the hook in stock first :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
That hook's messing up my all weather mat. It sticks up and pokes into it causing it to lose grip ...

·
Registered
481 Posts
rpc180 said:
That hook's messing up my all weather mat. It sticks up and pokes into it causing it to lose grip ...
then take the hook off for the winter... it just unscrews

1 - 20 of 34 Posts