Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have a 2007 2.3 with about 120,222 miles on it. A week ago I was driving and the check engine light came on along with the Slip indicator (TRAC) light. The slip light was on for a few seconds and disappeared. The check engine light lasted until I got home. The following day no lights came on and there was no sign of the engine light but I still took it to Autozone to get it scanned. The codes that came back were U0101Lost communication with (TCM) and code U1900-A0 (CAN) Communication Bus Fault and a "likely fix" of replacing Battery. Autozone checked my battery and told me the battery was good so they cleaned the connections because they had some minor corrosion and then tightened everything back up. During all this, the car had been driving well with no issues whatsoever. I had purchased a BlueDriver OBD scanner and ran a scan. The following codes came up: 3 instrument panel control module/ PATS codes: U0100 Lost Com With ECM/PCM "A", U2064 Warning Indicator Requested by Another Control Module, U0101 Lost Com with TCM -- Additionally there was 1 anti-lock Brake Module Code: U1900 (CAN) Communication Bus Fault Receive Error -- The probable fixes are to replace battery, replace alternator, replace TCM, repair ECM/PCM a wiring harness or replace ECM. After this scan, I tested the battery with multimeter and it all seemed to reflect battery is good. I did the unplugging positive cable while car is running to test alternator and the car kept running. Will need to actually test alternator to get more definitive answer. In the mean time I drove the car for about 4 more days just to work (17 miles) with no issues except for one day where the car kind of trembled for a few seconds, the check engine light flashed and then went away and I was able to drive away with no further complications. Today, I decided to clear the codes and see if after using the car the codes would come back on a scan. Well, after clearing the codes I drove to work and only the check engine light came on, this time it did not go away. I ran the scan code again and this time the only codes I got were the lost U0100 code (same reading as above) but still no issues in driving nor did I feel anything different from car. I have not noticed any tough gear shifts or anything like that. My plan is to drive it home and not drive it until I am able to take it to the dealer because I do not know what else I could do. Has anyone experienced this? I haven't noticed the signs most ppl state they experience of a bad ECM/PCM/TCM -- I don't mind paying the dealer to fix it but I also don't want them to empty my pockets fully. Any help world be appreciated. Sorry for the long description!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts